The NSWE Board

Guest av1

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

How about if they wanted to sign a certain player, would that be ok? 

They are new to football so rightly allow the person they have employed to run the club do his job. If at some point they feel we are underperforming there job is to replace that person. 

Agree with all that. But ultimately they're the owners. They still take responsibility. You can't just say it's Purslow. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I shook Dean Smiths hand at his first Christmas party in the Holte suite and thanked him for giving me my Villa back. He corrected me and said ‘our Villa’

Virtually all of the good is now gone, please NSWE can this clown, I want our Villa back

And we threw it all away for the next big thing in Gerrard. 

• Sad 1

Just now, lexicon said:

I'd really like to see/hear their interactions at the moment. Be interesting to see who thinks what and whether it is just Purslow sticking his neck out. 

Yeah it would be interesting. There comes a point where someone like purslow has to protect themselves regardless of feelings towards gerrard, he’s gave him plenty of rope but if he isn’t careful he’s going to hang himself too with it at this rate

• Like 1

Purslow and Gerrard are costing NSWE millions, it ain't going on much longer. They will certainly know we cannot afford to be relegated, or really finish bottom half. With the investment made they are expecting top half finishes I know that!

The next move is huge!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Claiming we are an ambitious club aiming for Europe then suddenly turning the money tap off with Purslow saying we are gonna be self sustaining now.

We are basically just Crystal Palace, Leeds now.

Happy to stay in the league.

Watching Newcastle showing real ambition while we're standing still is soul destroying.

"Happy to stay in the league" is the best we're going to do this season. If you could lure Klopp or Pep away from Liverpool or City tomorrow, they still couldn't get us into Europe this year. We've dug too big a hole.

As has been said before, it's quite possible the owners have sounded out Poch and Tuchel and other desirable candidates and none of them are interested in coming in to this situation at this point in the season. (None of us know what's going on inside.) Would you want to jump in right now if you were a top level manager? Better to do it late season or in the summer with a fresh slate and with the main transfer window at hand.

In short, it's possible that they've lost confidence in SG but don't think right now is the time to pull the trigger. You may disagree with it, but it's not beyond rationality and it certainly has nothing to do with their ambition.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

They saved the club which we are all thankful for but in premier league terms they aren't good owners.

Our recruitment under this regime has been beyond horrendous.

Also. Lying to the fanbase and doing the opposite also doesn't sit right with me.

kim-woodburn-garbage.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The claimed ambition over the summer was to finish this season in 7th or a European spot.     

The revised top half ambition isn't really good enough, that should be bare minimum.

NSWE’s ultimate ambition is to have us competing at the top of the tree. We’re a big club that has pots of history and a big fan base that they plan to house in ultimately a 60k stadium, the first phase of which is starting pretty soon in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously key to all these plans is to have a good team that lots of people want to watch and so matter how well all the other aspects are going everything falls apart if the product is poor. To achieve this we need a top quality manager. The man they’ve appointed as CEO, and who rightly or wrongly is tasked to appoint the manager has made the wrong choice, for reasons which are becoming increasingly obvious we’re not done primary for the good of the club. This won’t be lost on the gentlemen who have invested and continue to invest hundreds of millions of £. Let’s not forget that these men run much bigger companies than AVFC and so they’re not business novices, even if they’re inexperienced in the English football business.

NSWE didn’t come here to run the club themselves and so they appointed a CEO to do the day to day stuff. That is their mistake and I think they’re compounding it by allowing the CEO to continue with his mistake. Ultimately the buck stops with them but the actual mistake is down to the CEO. Only the owners can rectify this and how they do it will define their tenure here. They saved us, now they need to appoint the right people to sail us to sunny waters so we can enjoy the view from the deck. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They dont get a free pass for this mess no matter what they have done previously. The longer this Gerrard/Purslow farce continues its on them

You don't want the owners making any decisions regarding who the manager is, especially two owners with presumably limited football knowledge. That's how bad football teams are run. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

NSWE’s ultimate ambition is to have us competing at the top of the tree. We’re a big club that has pots of history and a big fan base that they plan to house in ultimately a 60k stadium, the first phase of which is starting pretty soon in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously key to all these plans is to have a good team that lots of people want to watch and so matter how well all the other aspects are going everything falls apart if the product is poor. To achieve this we need a top quality manager. The man they’ve appointed as CEO, and who rightly or wrongly is tasked to appoint the manager has made the wrong choice, for reasons which are becoming increasingly obvious we’re not done primary for the good of the club. This won’t be lost on the gentlemen who have invested and continue to invest hundreds of millions of £. Let’s not forget that these men run much bigger companies than AVFC and so they’re not business novices, even if they’re inexperienced in the English football business.

NSWE didn’t come here to run the club themselves and so they appointed a CEO to do the day to day stuff. That is their mistake and I think they’re compounding it by allowing the CEO to continue with his mistake. Ultimately the buck stops with them but the actual mistake is down to the CEO. Only the owners can rectify this and how they do it will define their tenure here. They saved us, now they need to appoint the right people to sail us to sunny waters so we can enjoy the view from the deck. 

There is no chance we can compete at the top of the tree. The league is fixed and even Newcastle with their state sponsored funding will struggle to break the top 6.  I was hoping that we would become a top half side which played  ok football with an occasional good cup run, but even that looks a long way away now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

There is no chance we can compete at the top of the tree. The league is fixed and even Newcastle with their state sponsored funding will struggle to break the top 6.  I was hoping that we would become a top half side which played  ok football with an occasional good cup run, but even that looks a long way away now.

If the owners see no realistic way for Villa to compete regularly in Europe, they will have to change their plans. The vision has been playing in Europe relatively soon, and a bit further on in the Champions League instead of Europa. Long term budgets look so much better if a club plays in the UCL.

If the long term goal is revised to simply being in the top 10, they can't keep spending as much. 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate to ask this but are they slightly losing interest with the football side and just leaving it with Purslow and team to run it like a business?

I’m not sure how involved they’ve ever been on the playing side. Regardless, I don’t think they’re losing interest. The proposed stadium improvements suggest otherwise. I don’t think they’d proceed with that if they just wanted us to sort of coast along in the top flight.

I think they’re very pissed off that they’ve spent millions on Smith’s compensation, the compensation to Rangers for Gerrard’s services, his subsequent salary, increasing the wage bill substantially…and we’re worse off now than we were a year ago and they’re facing the prospect of paying millions more to get rid of him.

Â