The NSWE Board

Guest av1

when we dont win football games everything is shit

we don't know how stand offish they are, the structure of the business that is Aston Villa could easily be that everything goes through purslow and these guys simply put money in and take money out whilst dabbling with bigger projects like the north stand but only being informed of the big decisions rather than partake in them, laying recruitment at their feet is an assumption that I'm not sure will be fair, I'm not even convinced they'll have input in to Gerrards or Langes appointments let alone recruitment beyond that, you don't have a dog and bark yourself and all that 

further to that which bit of our recruitment is abysmal? in 5 years we've gone from a squad of aging championship players to IMO a top half PL team, we have better depth than most of the teams above us bar the top 6 and we've established a top academy 

I'd also argue that with the development of the north stand, the academy and then hopefully the MLS team which will help grow our brand in the states there is far more to all of this than buying footballers

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we don't know how stand offish they are, the structure of the business that is Aston Villa could easily be that everything goes through purslow and these guys simply put money in and take money out whilst dabbling with bigger projects like the north stand but only being informed of the big decisions rather than partake in them, laying recruitment at their feet is an assumption that I'm not sure will be fair, I'm not even convinced they'll have input in to Gerrards or Langes appointments let alone recruitment beyond that, you don't have a dog and bark yourself and all that 

further to that which bit of our recruitment is abysmal? in 5 years we've gone from a squad of aging championship players to IMO a top half PL team, we have better depth than most of the teams above us bar the top 6 and we've established a top academy 

I'd also argue that with the development of the north stand, the academy and then hopefully the MLS team which will help grow our brand in the states there is far more to all of this than buying footballers

You’re probably right, I don’t think they have much say in the transfers, they just provide the cash.

They should however, if they watch our games, be wondering how their hard earned cash is resulting in some of the worst football we’ve ever seen.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You’re probably right, I don’t think they have much say in the transfers, they just provide the cash.

They should however, if they watch our games, be wondering how their hard earned cash is resulting in some of the worst football we’ve ever seen.

honest...i think that's an assumption in itself...

13 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I think it’s easy to question what we do not know. I’m desperately trying not to confuse silence with inaction.

I’m hopeful our owners are sounding people out ready to take over. It seems to be their MO from previous as I recall things went very quickly between Smith and Gerrard. The days of sacking one and having a week or two of speculation over his replacement seem in the past. 

They’re investing heavily in the club via the stadium and the globalisation of the ‘Villans’ brand with their new MLS franchise bid. I don’t think they’ve given up interest at all. Just, hopefully, operating in the background. 

Yeah, if they just sacked him with no plan for a replacement they would get pelters. Who knows what's going on in the background. 

Isn't there some despot, blood thirsty, anti LBGT, anti free speech, anti human rights and and and, mega rich oil country who would pump millions into the club they could sell up to?

err no thanks, i'm more than happy with who we have

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Isn't there some despot, blood thirsty, anti LBGT, anti free speech, anti human rights and and and, mega rich oil country who would pump millions into the club they could sell up to?

err no thanks, i'm more than happy with who we have

This is interesting. 

Would people rather be Newcastle fans or Villa fans right now? Taking into consideration the background of the owners and the performances on the pitch?

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is interesting. 

Would people rather be Newcastle fans or Villa fans right now? Taking into consideration the background of the owners and the performances on the pitch?

Or Man City or Chelsea for that matter. It’s a tricky question to honestly answer. Of course we all want Villa to be a success and few of us would honestly stop supporting them to take a moral stance. At the same time we all have a sense of lines to be drawn somewhere. 

You’d assume that the FA would have some sort of system, whereby they check the suitability of prospective club owners??

Oh they have, you must be very, very rich. From there onwards it’s a sliding scale as to what you’re allowed to turn a blind eye to. Pretty much the same rule book the BBC use. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

From the outside looking in they have allowed the little man with the big ego run riot in the last year. Sacking a popular manager, hiring his mate and then ripping up a transfer policy that was actually working to sign big name hasbeens

18 minutes ago, jim said:

There has been some absolute nonsense posted in this thread recently. I am stunned people are turning on NSWE.

A titbit of ITK for you. I know 100% fact that the board take a big interest in the sentiment surrounding Aston Villa on social platforms, I don't know if that extends to fan forums but I would be surprised if it doesn't. Reports are supplied on a weekly basis and they do not take fans' thoughts lightly.

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but I would put money on we are sounding potential replacements out. Do not take the silence as them not caring. I have been told we have met with Poch 4 times but the source is questionable and I doubt he would come here regardless.

People need to chill and get off the boards back, they have done a lot for this club and if they feel replacing the manager is in order they will do it.

Again, that’s all fine. But if we choosing to stick rather than twist on the coach then there is a problem. It’s not working. Clearly. It MUST be addressed. 

We can’t take these sources saying we have met with this and that seriously, there is no chance in hell that they really know. The way I see it, we are currently sitting on our hands doing nothing, and until I see some action being taken, I will continue to think that. We need to act now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

Again, that’s all fine. But if we choosing to stick rather than twist on the coach then there is a problem. It’s not working. Clearly. It MUST be addressed. 

We can’t take these sources saying we have met with this and that seriously, there is no chance in hell that they really know. The way I see it, we are currently sitting on our hands doing nothing, and until I see some action being taken, I will continue to think that. We need to act now. 

But that a confusion between the owners, the CEO and the club. 

In smaller clubs, the owners get involved with hiring and firing managers. In larger clubs or those with multiple foreign interests are more likely to be hands off, they hire the CEO or Sporting director, they then do not interfere with the running of the club. Over the past 3 years, i think we can safely say that NSWE are hands-off and have given total control of the running of the football club to Purslow. Similar to Levy with Spurs who controls and runs the football club for the owner.  

So whilst you can be annoyed at the owners for hiring Purslow, you can't really be having a go at them for hiring the wrong managers.   Would you prefer the old style Doug Ellis who poked his nose into every decision?

On a longer-term, if they don't feel Purslow is performing, they will choose a new CEO to run the club for them long-term.  But that's not a month by month or even year by year decision.  Changing a CEO is a big decision based on failings over a number of years.

9 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

This is interesting. 

I'm not self entitled enough to think I should be deciding policy and culture in countries that aren't my own.

Having said that both are around long term and both provide significant funds.

Where it differs currently is application which can be fixed with a few sackings.

9 hours ago, jim said:

There has been some absolute nonsense posted in this thread recently. I am stunned people are turning on NSWE.

A titbit of ITK for you. I know 100% fact that the board take a big interest in the sentiment surrounding Aston Villa on social platforms, I don't know if that extends to fan forums but I would be surprised if it doesn't. Reports are supplied on a weekly basis and they do not take fans' thoughts lightly.

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but I would put money on we are sounding potential replacements out. Do not take the silence as them not caring. I have been told we have met with Poch 4 times but the source is questionable and I doubt he would come here regardless.

People need to chill and get off the boards back, they have done a lot for this club and if they feel replacing the manager is in order they will do it.

While we disagree completely about Gerrard I’m with you on this. I’m still disappointed they haven’t moved to remove him as of yet but I don’t question at all their overall ownership or aims. It’s Purslow I have the most lack of trust in.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Â