The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Just now, Pinebro said:

Have they lost interest? 

Doing a Lerner on us? 

I don’t think the stadium stuff would be happening if they had lost interest.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if some adjustment of both expectations and aspirations has occurred over the past year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Farlz said:

My trust in them is falling at an alarming rate. 

Nah, they aren’t owners that get involved in footballing matters. They leave that to Purslow.   

It’s actually a good thing generally, just not for us at the moment because Purslow is failing.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

The longer they keep gerrard people are not even bother going down on a matchday, as mate couldn’t even sell his season ticket the last 2 games, all the good work they have done is starting to go downhill if they keep him any longer 

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Have they lost interest? 

Doing a Lerner on us? 

Depends how you define doing a Lerner...

If it's coming to the reality of what the PL is all about and deciding not to aimlessly throw money away at it then it'd be disappointing because they must have known that before they bought us

If its selling us ambition and us being gullible enough to buy it whilst the hugely successful businessmen that they are eventually start to balance the books and see some sort of reward to owning us even if we are a plodding along happy to be here midtable PL team...

Same with most owners, they don't have to win anything to have owning us as successful for them, we're a business

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

I think the entire US stock market being down 25% year to date, as well as adidas being down 56% ytd  may have dampened their enthusiasm? They must be down a few quid.

I don't think they operate solely based on the value of their stocks.

They are International, season business men, they won't have all their eggs hedged in any one basket.

They'll also surely have bullet proof instruments to protect certain things.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think they operate solely based on the value of their stocks.

They are International, season business men, they won't have all their eggs hedged in any one basket.

They'll also surely have bullet proof instruments to protect certain things.

Yeah, I get that, but it can’t have not affected them, just thinking of reasons off the top of my head really.

• Like 1

Well if they buy the new stand using dollars it's all gotten a lot cheaper. I don't think these fellas are ones to flap - their ambition is clear. What they will do is watch the games, and I don't believe for a second what they are watching is convincing them on the entertainment front, or meeting their objectives - we are clearly not where they expect us to be with this level of investment. I'm convinced they will be doing everything possible to get the right man in, as this time they cannot afford to take a punt. Purslow's wings clipped for absolute sure. 

The world is about to implode and fall into utter chaos financially. They seem like sharp businessmen, they see it as well. A really clever person would dump the club like a hot potato. We talk about being so boring to watch no-one wants to go. In a not too distant future you won't go because you cannot even afford a single match ticket unless you are filthy rich, much less a season one. 

They probably see this as well and have a much better understanding of the timeline for it than I do though. No point in pissing money up the wall until things look like they might settle a bit. And they aren't currently. There is a shitstorm brewing, and the first thing we'll stop spending on is luxuries such as watching football.

• Like 1

Might sound dramatic right now because everything to do with Villa is grinding me, but I’ll be totally fine with our owners doing a clean sweep. Manager, CEO, DoF and even some of the players just get rid. 

Edited by Rustibrooks

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Might sound dramatic right now because everything to do with Villa is grinding me right now, but I’ll be totally fine with our owners doing a clean sweep. Manager, CEO, DoF and even some of the players just get rid. 

Same here, a hard reset might be what's needed.

Not questioning our owners, just the people they are employing to run the show.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Same here, a hard reset might be what's needed.

Not questioning our owners, just the people they are employing to run the show.

Exactly how I feel right now, they need to get the right people to run this show. I have more questions for those that have been. I know it’ll be a gradual thing but it needs to start and it needs to start with Gerrard and the coaching staff going. Review Purslow and Lange etc and hopefully we go from there. Everything is starting to feel rotten again and I was hoping I wouldn’t have to experience this feeling again. Especially since we not long ago had our rotten period.

• Like 2

Turn on these owners? Hell no.

Can you hold the original hire against them? I can't. Some here were skeptical of SG from the start, credit to them, but you can't say that it was a ridiculous hire based on what was known at the time. Even the best of owners make the occasional bad hire.

Can you argue that they're taking too long to sack him? Sure, you can argue that. But, as I've said before, they have to be careful not to develop a reputation for being trigger happy or they will scare other managers away. Furthermore, they aren't going to fire him until they are sure that they can get the right man. Having just made a mistake, they're likely to be cautious with the next hire. Give them a little time. Even if you could lure Pep away from Man City, Europe is unlikely this year.

Have they lost interest? Are you kidding me? They spent during the last transfer window. This isn't a Lerner situation.

I know, pessimism comes naturally to Villans, but let's have a little patience here. One mistake, even though it has proven to be a big one, does not doom the long-term project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â