Christian Purslow

villan-scott

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/11/2023 at 11:42, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ticket tout..  Cash counter.. Bag carrier.. Photographer..

All options for him, I’m surprised that he hasn’t been snapped up if he’s such a good CEO you’d think someone would have come in for him by now? Perhaps he’s not as good as his own PR make’s him out to be. We were losing a fortune during his time as CEO and I believe he was eventually eased out by NAS and Wes, quietly with the minimum of fuss or disruption to their and our football club. Unai’s influence has been hugely important to our progress in many aspects and areas of the club. I notice we have a new appointment in the youth development department from Exeter. No fanfare no fuss, all very Unai and NSWE style. Refreshing and further evidence of what the club now regards as important. Does anyone know  or care if CP has found a job yet, it’s months now since he left AVFC. There’s always the Salivation Army if he’s really struggling?

21 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

All options for him, I’m surprised that he hasn’t been snapped up if he’s such a good CEO you’d think someone would have come in for him by now? Perhaps he’s not as good as his own PR make’s him out to be. We were losing a fortune during his time as CEO and I believe he was eventually eased out by NAS and Wes, quietly with the minimum of fuss or disruption to their and our football club. Unai’s influence has been hugely important to our progress in many aspects and areas of the club. I notice we have a new appointment in the youth development department from Exeter. No fanfare no fuss, all very Unai and NSWE style. Refreshing and further evidence of what the club now regards as important. Does anyone know  or care if CP has found a job yet, it’s months now since he left AVFC. There’s always the Salivation Army if he’s really struggling?

He's probably got a 12 month gardening leave in his contract. Common with people at that high level. 

Plus I assume he's made a great deal of money off his shares they probably had to buy him out of because, you know, the club has come on in leaps and bounds between him arriving and leaving. May not need to work again. 

And why the **** has this bear been poked again for zero reason?  Very odd post. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

In fairness, as you’ve contributed the most posts to this thread this month, you seem to be the most interested.

In reference to the rest of your post, just odd that they didn’t act sooner isn’t it? As he was so clearly inadequate in everything and NWSE would recognise that as they’re faultless. 

And any fortune he lost the club might perhaps be offset by us being a premier league club and that was in no small part because of the appointment of Dean Smith. Except that couldn’t have been anything to do with Purslow as he only did the bad things like Gerrard, right? And for whatever reason NWSE wanted someone terrible in the role and to keep him there for nearly 5 years. Makes total sense to me.

But then I would say all that, because I keep bumping this thread for no apparent reason so clearly I’m not over it. Oh no, hang on…

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's probably got a 12 month gardening leave in his contract. Common with people at that high level. 

Plus I assume he's made a great deal of money off his shares they probably had to buy him out of. May not need to work again. 

And why the **** has this bear been poked again for zero reason?  Very odd post. 

And the finders fee for hiring his mate probably helped

21 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Do you think we're making billions now?

• Like 1

This thread has gone round and round in circles of people bashing him and people defending him.  Literally every discussion and point that can be made has been made more than once. 

OK, some people literally hate him. Fine. 

But what I don't get is as the club is flying, one of the most exciting times at the club in a generation, when there is positivity everywhere.  Why does someone feel the need to reignite this thread with some more digs? I just don't get that mindset. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

This thread has gone round and round in circles of people bashing him and people defending him.  Literally every discussion and point that can be made has been made more than once. 

But what I don't get is as the club is flying, one of the most exciting times at the club in a generation, when there is positivity everywhere.  Why does someone feel the need to reignite this thread with some more digs? I just don't get that mindset. 

Indeed. Go to the Steve Bruce thread like a normal person.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think that when CP was first appointed an experienced CEO was needed as NSWE  were new to English football despite their undoubted business experience in other sports and countries.   However I think the arrival of Unai showed them what was required to advance the club to where they and we want it to be. CP didn’t agree and decided to leave the project. He’d undoubtedly been s success up to a point but had out lived his usefulness and so various back room changes and appointments left him in s position where he felt his job was on done, I’d imagine that Nas and Wes agreed with him and so his time here was over. He definitely was instrumental in getting us back to a point where we could move forward but different skills were needed to make that move forward. Possibly like the difference beteeen Dean and Unai. No disrespect to Dean or Cristian but it’s the nature of progress. 

20 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

No disrespect to Dean or Cristian but it’s the nature of progress. 

No disrespect, absolutely. Apart from this bit...

That’s setting the bar pretty low!

(When comparing Purslow to Wyness).

And this bit...

I’m surprised that he hasn’t been snapped up if he’s such a good CEO you’d think someone would have come in for him by now

Oh, and this follows...

Perhaps he’s not as good as his own PR make’s him out to be. 

And this gem...

There’s always the Salivation Army if he’s really struggling?

All from Dave. In one post. Let it go. It's over. He's gone. We've moved on. He did good things. He made mistakes. 

One thing is for absolute sure, he played a significant role in us getting to this point and I reckon you quite like how things are going at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â