Christian Purslow

villan-scott

He took over when we were a bad Championship side and now we are a top half PL team. If it fits a narrative we can pretend he has had nothing to do with the good parts of that, but without counter-evidence about what he’s doing day to day, it feels a little silly to suggest the CEO of any business that has significantly improved is doing a bad job - even if he did make one bad hire.

• Like 2

On 11/04/2023 at 11:20, Don_Simon said:

My favourite section of the piece...

It is good to see Villa up there. Their success is even more important because of the nature of some of the ownership models above them, the nation states (City and Newcastle, possibly Manchester United soon). Villa are respected for their balanced contributions in Premier League meetings, especially when it comes to debates about curbing clubs’ spending. Villa are an important and sound voice in the running of the Premier League. Just as they have an important and sound presence in the dugout.

Erm.. But that sounds like Christian Purslow.   But he's supposed to be sacked. 

Aston Villa highly respected and influencing the running of The Premier League?

Bloody self publicist. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to note we were present here.

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parrish was amongst the speakers at the event.

Representatives of Aston Villa, Brighton, Brentford, Watford, Sevilla, Valencia and Werder Bremen were also present.

Significantly, La Liga president Javier Tebas addressed the conference, with the league believed to be central to the project getting off the ground.

Tebas has been a vocal critic of the European Super League plans, and is also not a fan of El-Khelaifi, arguing that changes to UEFA competitions are designed to benefit elite clubs.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/a-massive-day-for-football-bohemians-daniel-lambert-hails-launch-of-new-body-for-small-and-medium-sized-european-clubs-42446514.html

Everyone knows that Purslow is nothing more than a puppet for The Tea Lady. She’s been pulling the strings for too long and it was she who blackmailed Purslow into hiring Gerrard as she tried to get him in her bed.

She also threatened Nassef and Wes after she threatened to release the dirty pics she has stored on her 1gb usb pen drive. 

the above is all made up btw (in case of libel).

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Everyone knows that Purslow is nothing more than a puppet for The Tea Lady. She’s been pulling the strings for too long and it was she who blackmailed Purslow into hiring Gerrard as she tried to get him in her bed.

She also threatened Nassef and Wes after she threatened to release the dirty pics she has stored on her 1gb usb pen drive. 

I note the small print but as the rest of it has been written more prominently on the Internet I'm prepared to take it as absolute fact and repeat it ad nausea despite any future evidence or any actual logic. 

Doris is a cancer on this club. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

On 24/04/2023 at 16:09, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Does anyone have any idea if it was Purslow who was representing us here on this occasion?

On 24/04/2023 at 18:44, Sulberto21 said:

Huge if true

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Kind of got your wish with the above...

Good we need more teams to make a stance for the good of the game.

Fans need to have their say too about fair pricing.

Go on the Purslow!

For all the stick he sometimes gets from fans, we are in a much stronger position to have this man represent us. Love to see him leading the fight against the destruction of football. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Tayls said:

From a strictly business perspective he is probably one of the best in the game. It’s when he tried to involve himself in actual football matters is where things went wrong previously, and have gone wrong with us more recently. I think he massively influenced the decision to recruit Gerrard, which was a big mistake, as one example. 

Yes he is a bit of a footballing dinosaur and not particularly a progressive chairman. I feel like for all the good he does his limitations hold us back. 

• Confused 3

43 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes he is a bit of a footballing dinosaur and not particularly a progressive chairman. I feel like for all the good he does his limitations hold us back. 

I wouldn't say he came from the Ellis School of running a football club.

Â