Christian Purslow

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Purslow seems to be getting a lot of blame for things that should be Lange's responsibility.

Lange didn't want to hire Gerrard. Lange didn't want to sign Coutinho.

Purslow inserts himself into football matters he has no clue about, and wastes a lot of money doing it.

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Lange didn't want to hire Gerrard. Lange didn't want to sign Coutinho.

Purslow inserts himself into football matters he has no clue about, and wastes a lot of money doing it.

Indeed. If there is some deflected glory to be had Purslow will be there. Signing a big name front and centre. Swinging his dick with sacking Smith he's there.

Signing a random player? Nowhere.

He's got way too much control and he's now obviously having a huge negative effect.

An appointment in Gerrard that to a man almost everyone said should not have been made.

Look at how Purslow announced Coutinho signing at the players awards night , he loves to hog the limelight and get involved with the big names . Couthino is just like him signing Joe Cole for Liverpool 

He speaks well and I'm sure in some aspects he has improved the club but on the pitch is the backbone of the club.There is no point talking about new stands etc if we are fighting to stay in the top flight.We all know Stevie was his choice again bring in the big name and he should carry the can for the failure as well as SG.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Purslow seems to be getting a lot of blame for things that should be Lange's responsibility.

Lange should not be making coaching/managerial appointments, in my view. His job is player recruitment… which incidentally, has been generally awful as well. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Lange should not be making coaching/managerial appointments, in my view. His job is player recruitment… which incidentally, has been generally awful as well. 

Yes because Purslow abandoned the remit and let Gerrard said ready made players. We're the only club who suddenly wanted to increase the average of the squad.

You think Lange wanted Carlos and Digne and Coutinho?

I don't know Lange is decent or not but it's obvious Purslow was infatuated with Gerrard and Gerrard just wanted ready made players to boost his chances of winning a trophy and **** off 

Purslow needs to go. He's cost this club a fortune and set us back years.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Matt Law on Twitter questioning other people at the club beside Gerrard, without mentioning Purslow and Lange by name. Things are heating up.

You just mean the club spokesperson tweet?

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

The position of sporting director/DoF usually means being responsible for the football as a whole, including managers. The idea is for the SD/DoF to be a football expert and ideally also an industry heavyweight, like Paratici or Edu.

Lange feels lightweight, which begs the question why Purslow appointed him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes because Purslow abandoned the remit and let Gerrard said ready made players. We're the only club who suddenly wanted to increase the average of the squad.

You think Lange wanted Carlos and Digne and Coutinho?

I don't know Lange is decent or not but it's obvious Purslow was infatuated with Gerrard and Gerrard just wanted ready made players to boost his chances of winning a trophy and **** off 

Purslow needs to go. He's cost this club a fortune and set us back years.

I’m not saying Gerrard didn’t have an influence in signing Digne, Coutinho, Carlos (although, why wouldn’t Lange want Carlos?). Gerrard also had a hand in Kamara as well. 

But in my view player recruitment has been, generally, shit. I’d say pretty much since we were promoted… 

But yes, Purslow obviously had this dream centred around SG, and it has failed horrendously. I’d imagine he is feeling pretty awkward right now if the talk of Sawiris being at the game is correct.. 

• Like 1

Â