Christian Purslow

villan-scott

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I see what you mean, but there's a difference between having thick skin and being oblivious. You would think he'd have his finger on the pulse. How could he not know that fans are not happy with him and his association with Gerrard? 

I suspect he knows more than he is letting on. It wouldn’t look good if he said  to a supporter “you know what, I have heard that hundreds of times this week”. He will play things close to his chest with regards those kind of things.

I think Purslow rightfully should be criticised for the Gerrard appointment but on the whole I really don’t have a problem with him. The first season recruitment was wild but it’s such a difficult job, when I saw the signings Forrest were making this summer I thought surely we could have done the same but look how it’s turning out for them. Our second season recruitment was brilliant. The jack summer is when things turned weird, if you’re going to replace jack at least replace him with a player with similar attributes. Ings never made sense and that was my view from the day he signed. Bailey and Buendia I completely agreed with but neither are similar to jack, Buendia maybe but he plays on the right. Purslow gets a lot of attention for the clips they release informing us of decisions, such as the jack transfer and smith sacking. I would honestly rather have that and some transparency rather than reading a statement on the website. I don’t see it as attention grabbing personally and I think a lot of clubs would love to have the same communication. The issue is when it goes wrong it puts him in the firing line more. The continued improvement line in the smith sacking is really going to haunt him because it’s going against what we were promised, and for that he needs to be held accountable. Going way back I’d love to know the thought process around dropping ROK and even terry, things went wrong there.  Danks and McPhee need to be sacked, they're either not doing their job or Gerrard doesn’t want them involved. My sentiment towards him is still largely positive, the new stadium plans improvements are really positive. He just needs to act on Gerrard now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I don't know who this Old Man is.. but if he's speaking with Purslow i hope he told him exactly how the whole fan-base feel about Gerrard, and i hope he asked him why he's not sacked Gerrard yet.

There was a FCG meeting yesterday on the new club crest, Purslow attended that and most of the talk was around the crest - it wasn't a meeting about Stephen Gerrard.

That said, some talk of our form and performance was unavoidable (and he made no attempt to avoid it), like all of us they'd like results and performances to have been better.

I think Purslow has a good idea of the mood in the fanbase, but I still think that he and the club might be in for a surprise in terms of the strength of that feeling if things go bad on Sunday.

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Villa Analytics v My Old Man Said for the honour of Christian Purslow.

Tomorrow, Dan Bardell will duke it out with Villareport to decide which way the lion should face on the new badge.

"You're  just insulting me now."

MOMS must be a member of this forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Tomorrow, Dan Bardell will duke it out with Villareport to decide which way the lion should face on the new badge.

VillaAnalytics seems a decent guy, was on one of the podcasts of Bardell recently. Maybe a season preview one 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And they meet the VT moderators in The Colosseum for a duel to the death 😀 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Well I’ve heard on the grapevine there has been a late change of plan with the crest, and they are removing the lion off the crest altogether. It’s being replaced with Steven Gerrards face as Purslow loves him so much.

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Who runs MOMS? Sounds like a clearing. 

I've listened to them a few times and they've massively got a superiority complex. 

They make some good points and can be funny and entertaining but they come across as though other villa fans are below them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

We also need to remember Purslow was in control of operations at liverpool during their worst period in most recent times

Apparently signed Joe Cole without the managers permission

He brought in Smith which proved to be a masterstoke and sacked him a bit too soon. Then brought in Gerrard as they thought he was a young, up and coming manager who could be here for years. It hasn't worked out that way and I think come the WC break, they will make another change if/when results don't improve. 

He will know the pressure on this one given the season ticket waiting list, the north stand redevelopment and the shear importance of remaining in the Premier League. I can see him going all out for a proven manager like Poch/Tuchel/Rodgers and hopefully one of which takes up the post. The issue for him will be what to do if the 'big names' don't come.

I have faith that he will get the next one right. 

On the whole, I think he has done great things for the club and won't want that to go backwards.

44 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

He brought in Smith which proved to be a masterstoke and sacked him a bit too soon. Then brought in Gerrard as they thought he was a young, up and coming manager who could be here for years. It hasn't worked out that way and I think come the WC break, they will make another change if/when results don't improve. 

He will know the pressure on this one given the season ticket waiting list, the north stand redevelopment and the shear importance of remaining in the Premier League. I can see him going all out for a proven manager like Poch/Tuchel/Rodgers and hopefully one of which takes up the post. The issue for him will be what to do if the 'big names' don't come.

On the whole, I think he has done great things for the club and won't want that to go backwards.

Sacked Smith at the right time, just replaced him with the wrong person.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

He has enough credit in the bank to survive this if he acts promptly. The longer he waits, the worse it looks for him. 

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

We also need to remember Purslow was in control of operations at liverpool during their worst period in most recent times

He basically came in to firefight after the hicks and gillet sale. I have no problems about what he is doing off the pitch, but the whole Gerrard appointment seems off and a monumental waste of time and money for all involved.

• Like 1

Â