Christian Purslow

villan-scott

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Sacking Gerrard in less than a year will look very bad on Purslow so I think he will stick it out with him for a while. 

Ultimately his ego is too big to let "his man" go this early. 

Purslow is wise enough to be able to avert blame away from himself. He could say he employed SG and trusted him to do a good job, but sadly SG let him down. There you are, took me 2 mins to thing that one up. I am sure Purslow has a dozen of those all lined and ready to go, all better than the one I came up with.

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I don’t think that is enough to explain the level of vitriol. This site has become one massive vengeance orgy related to the sacking of the last manager.

Agreed. That and our star boy leaving for bluer pastures.

32 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Agreed. That and our star boy leaving for bluer pastures.

I think that combo might have disillusioned a large section of the fanbase more than we think.

Whether wrong or right. It's two people a large section of the fanbase considered " one of our own " and we're excited about building something with people they thought would feel how they do.

Both gone in the blink of an eye. 

The likes of McGinn and Mings are probably the last players people feel " connected " to by sentiment.

Ming's sort of became " Mr Aston Villa " hence why removing the captaincy from him probably made some feel further alienated.

Problem is, at current we don't really have a " hero ". You'd expect in a game like last, and Bournemouth, a Captain to be the one dragging the team through to force an issue but it's all a bit meh.

The club might also need to make more of an effort to connect players with fans because it doesn't help if you don't feel any.

• Like 3

On 22/08/2022 at 21:19, duke313 said:

If Gerrard goes, Purslow should be following him out the door.

Purslow shouldn’t be sacked for hiring Gerrard. But if he leave Gerrard in the job for too long, then there is an argument for removing Purslow too. It is starting to be obvious that there are no benefits in keeping Gerrard. The only way to get the club back on track is to get a top class manager in, to try to salvage this season before it’s too late.

right If he won't sack gerard and get someone decent in then we need to start calling for purslow's head.  the owners want success, we want results, gerard is his man.  I say he needs to go as he's ultimately responsible.  no one can argue with the owners.  they have been and still are superb.  large is doing a great job identifying players and putting deals in place.  gerard and purslow between them are screwing this up big style.  Purslow out with Gerrard.

Sacking Smith (Yes, it was necessary) to then only go and hire his **** useless best mate was a shambles decision. 

Once Gerrard is finally gone there needs to be a big decision on Purslow. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

Â