Christian Purslow

villan-scott

15 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's going to give Gerrard 5 or 6 games to see if he show something to save his job. That won't happen and he'll inevitably be sacked. Patience people.

Depends who does what before us

At the moment even marsch to Leeds is looking like one that got away let alone poch if he goes to say Leicester 

Every danger he'll have too slow to act thrown at him if he waits 6 games

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe Purslow decided he wanted to sign Sarr then decided he didn't want him after all.  Guys a joke. 

Purslow wouldn't have got involved with the Sarr deal , for people to think that is ludicrous.

He only gets involved when it's an opportunity to get some press off Jack, Gerrard or Coutinho..

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe Purslow decided he wanted to sign Sarr then decided he didn't want him after all.  Guys a joke. 

Do you really think our CEO is the person that decided which players we want to sign. I would think he takes advice from Lange and Gerrard and then once they are both happy will would approve the financials and if the financials don't work then the transfer doesn't happen. 

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Purslow wouldn't have got involved with the Sarr deal , for people to think that is ludicrous.

He only gets involved when it's an opportunity to get some press off Jack, Gerrard or Coutinho..

Oh, so he has nothing to do with football matters until he gets some self publicity.  Makes complete sense now.

41 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Do you really think our CEO is the person that decided which players we want to sign. I would think he takes advice from Lange and Gerrard and then once they are both happy will would approve the financials and if the financials don't work then the transfer doesn't happen. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's going to give Gerrard 5 or 6 games to see if he show something to save his job. That won't happen and he'll inevitably be sacked. Patience people.

Yep, it's this.   

He'll already making some side enquiries to other manager's agents behind the scenes. He's not an idiot and as a CEO he will have plans for every eventuality.    

He'll have been planning for Gerrard's replacement from the day he signed him (or any manager). That's what senior management do, plan for best case, worst case and everything in between.

My issue with Purslow is that he has placed a lot of faith in Gerrard, prized a manager from Blackpool to be our assistance manager..

You sack Gerrard and his backroom staff, that is a lot of money wasted..

Will Purslow be in a rush to sack Gerrard?

I don't think so..

Although he is financially invested in the club I wonder if NSWE are questioning some of his decisions of recruiting Lange & Gerrard..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is that a fact or wild speculation and innuendo?

Innuendo 😜

I can’t confirm it as fact obviously, but it’s what I would be doing and what I’d expect every CEO in every large business to be doing - having contingency plans for every major event. 

Even if I hired Poch, I’d still be getting reports in of all other managers globally with weekly updates going into the managers database with all sorts of factors including availability.

It’s just common sense. 

Â