Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

If we can get him, and he's anything like the player he was before his injury, our midfield is going to be a real handful - the days of putting two on Grealish and not worrying about the rest will be over - Green/Adomah ------ Grealish-------McGinn---------Bolasie - would be a nightmare to defend at this level.

370 days out and 53 games missed due to a ruptured cruciate ligament that kept him out from early Dec 2016 to mid Dec 2017.

Played 90 min 3 times since then and 970 minutes in total. Scoring once and no assists.

Used to be really fast, wonder if he still has the legs?

That kind of injury for someone his age...

We do need another wide option, but we also need a CB, LB and Striker. 4 positions of which we can use 3 unless one of the loans already here is sent to the stands.

Edit: big wages I assume? Hope it's not a loan that forces us to sign him permanently in Dec.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Bruce: "We want to send high diagonal balls for you to bring down on the wing, head or chest, it's a tactic we use"

Bolasie: "Can I pop outside to make a call?

Bolasie on phone: "Hi Boro, when can I sign?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Bruce: "We want to send high diagonal balls for you to bring down on the wing, head or chest, it's a tactic we use"

Bolasie: "Can I pop outside to make a call?

Bolasie on phone: "Hi Boro, when can I sign?"

...'So run me through your tactics again Mr Pulis?'....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

370 days out and 53 games missed due to a ruptured cruciate ligament that kept him out from early Dec 2016 to mid Dec 2017.

Played 90 min 3 times since then and 970 minutes in total. Scoring once and no assists.

Used to be really fast, wonder if he still has the legs?

That kind of injury for someone his age...

We do need another wide option, but we also need a CB, LB and Striker. 4 positions of which we can use 3 unless one of the loans already here is sent to the stands.

Edit: big wages I assume? Hope it's not a loan that forces us to sign him permanently in Dec.

That lack of football is a real worry for me too.  I had a quick scan around the Everton forums and the discussion there seems to be more around who was their worst signing, Bolasie or Klaasen and they talk of Bolasie in much the same way that we talk of Richards (not quite as bad, but not far off).  There are a few who seem to think he may have a chance of doing a job in the Championship, but the majority are counting their blessings that they appear to be getting shot of him.  I have to admit I know nothing of him as a player, but I can read how many minutes he has played over the last year and I don't like what I read.  Smells more like a Jenas sort of a move.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Looks like he’s gone to Boro. Onto the next.

Can’t see anything official to say he’s chosen Boro yet?   If he can find some form, he would rip this league apart, so worth the risk in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I think if Bruce sells him his vision he will choose Boro ? 

Spoiler

I feel sorry for Bolassie having the choice to play for Pullis or Bruce. It's a bit like having a choice between gonorhea & syphillis.

• Haha 2

Â