Pre Match Thread

VILLAMARV

On 19/08/2018 at 10:48, theboyangel said:

0-2 loss 

theyll dance around our centre back at right back, right back at left back and aged defensive midfielder at centre back.

thats not even mentioning our new keeper......

meanwhile our hoof and hope ‘attacking’ tactic will be easily dealt with.

(not overly positive about this match if you hadn’t noticed)

funny because it's true.

going to be chasing a lot of shadows I think, only way I can see us winning is if we score a couple early, then rope a dope for 80 mins 18 yards from our goal. Brief pauses to put the ball in orbit every now and again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mantis said:

Are Brentford the only team who have been in the Championship for both of the last two seasons that we haven't yet beaten?

Correct.

There were only 4 sides we failed to beat at least once last season.  Hull, Brentford, Millwall & Derby.  In 2016/17 Hull were Premier League, Millwall were League 1 & we took 4pts off Derby.

Looking forward to this tonight we have moved up a gear this season and have some youngsters who have greatly improved.I doubt if some of your fans favourite Ryan Woods will start due mainly the fact that we have had a few bids in for him and we seem to be playing ok without him.Love coming to your superb stadium a score draw will do for me and It’s certainly going to be a good game.Pity it’s  on Sky as it will reduce our following.

40 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Pity it’s  on Sky as it will reduce our following.

Don't worry.  You'll be compensated by the fact being on Sky further reduces our chances of getting a result.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Absolutely MUST play 4 creative players plus Kodja.

That means Jack, McGinn, CH and another....whether out of form Albert, off the pace Green, or whoever.

Then a holding player- needed because we are weak at CB.... Whelan is the best bet for me.

Hutton LB, Elmo or RDL, and Chester,

then ? Well. Jedi and Elphick we know have mistakes in them at CB. We’ve no idea about Axel at CB.

I guess I can see arguments either way for that position.

Must have 4 creatives though !!