VILLAMARV

the team id like to see but very little chance of it happening:

Nyland

Elmo          Tuanzebe      Chester        Taylor

Mcginn     Hourihan

Adomah                 Grealish                   Green

Kodj            

• Like 1

If jedinak is cb we will lose. Brentford have some trickery. 

What I don't get is why the hell bruce doesn't play de laet at th, hutton at lb and chester  and axel at cb? De laet Has looked pretty impressive yet bruce continues with jedinak at cb who is utter useless there.

On 20/08/2018 at 09:21, wilko154 said:

I'm all for dropping the wingers out until we can get some loans in who provide us something different out wide. We also need to look at resting some players midweek.

Nyland

De Laet  Tuanzebe   Chester   Hutton

Whelan

Hourihane              McGinn

Grealish

Kodjia                 Green

For me Jedinak needs both a rest and dropping out of a position he cannot play. Tuanzebe can then play his natural position.

Rest Elmo and give De Laet a go in his natural position.

Rest Bjarnasson and bring Whelan in to do all of the dirty work and let Hourihan, McGinn and Grealish off the leash.

Green to come back in and play alongside or just behind Kodjia, he will provide some legs chasing down balls and let Kodjia do his thing on the ball.

This is my preferred line up.

Why shoe horn 2 wingers in for the sake if it (when they are off form), when we have hourihane sitting on the bench?

However we still need width, and Hutton is too slow for the role. Stick rdl there for a few games and see if he's better.

Finally you would have to play Jedi in the dm role for the extra cover he offers if both full backs are licenced to push forward.

Moreira

RDL Chester Tuanzebe Hutton

Whelan

Bjarnason  McGinn Green

Grealish

Kodja

for me I think. I know there's no chance we drop Nyland realistically, but i do feel Moreira has more self belief about him in general.

I'm expecting this to be our first defeat.  I'm also expecting a defeatist starting 11, baffling starting positions and disappointing tactics.

Anything more than the above would be a Brucey bonus.

4 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Really hope Jedinak doesn't play this one, he's struggled against ball-playing teams. Need 11 mobile players on the pitch.

Didnt play too badly against Wolves from memory!

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Moreira

RDL Chester Tuanzebe Hutton

Whelan

Bjarnason  McGinn Green

Grealish

Kodja

for me I think. I know there's no chance we drop Nyland realistically, but i do feel Moreira has more self belief about him in general.

Bjarnason over Hourihane? Green in centre midfield? 

Can’t see anything other than defeat tonight. The previous performances haven’t inspired any confidence Bruce will get it right tonight.

Not confident about tonight. 

Hopefully being at home will give the players the emphasis to take the game to them and not sit back too much.

But I think they’ll look the Home team in terms of how the game pans out and possession stats. But as long they create no chances that’s fine.  We just have to be decisive on the break and at set pieces.