Pre Match Thread

VILLAMARV

I suppose we'll find out if he thinks this is our first team or not (The one out at Ipswich I mean)

About time we put a decent showing in against Brentford regardless of the result tbh.

Not overly confident going into this one if I'm honest.

UTV

The bogey who we never play well against. Was expecting us to drop points in this one bit after dropping two against Ipswich we can't afford to.

If we play as poorly as yesterday brentford will beat us. Time to start playing against Brentford now ffs

0-2 loss 

theyll dance around our centre back at right back, right back at left back and aged defensive midfielder at centre back.

thats not even mentioning our new keeper......

meanwhile our hoof and hope ‘attacking’ tactic will be easily dealt with.

(not overly positive about this match if you hadn’t noticed)

• Haha 1

Please if we are going to keep with the Jedi as cb thing just play a regular right back,  stop trying to shoehorn other players in.

Whelan needs to play in the dm role too till things settle defensively.

I can see changes for this game. I think Jedinak will be dropped for someone more mobile, with either Elphick or Tuanzebe partnering Chester. Whelan will come back in too I reckon. 

He cant keep persisting with Adomah can he? Hopefully Green comes in for him. 

I think we will mix it up a little. I am going with a 4-3-2-1 go! formation and I think we may line up close to this:

Nyland

Tuanzebe   Chester   Hourihane   Kodja

Elphick      McGinn   Hepburn-Murphy

Hutton   Grealish

Whelan.

I am going 7-0 Villa and it will be a case of why all the Hysteria before hand as if nothing has happened.  :D

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

It's Brentford not Man City ffs!

Tell that to Steve Bruce, who has spent every game against them making us camp in our own half and letting them pop the ball about for fun.

I hope this one is different, I really do.

• Like 1

I **** hate playing Brentford. Admittedly, by far the worst games against them have been the away games, but Bruceball is totally ineffective against them, even more so than other teams.

Edited by Mantis

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we will mix it up a little. I am going with a 4-3-2-1 go! formation and I think we may line up close to this:

Nyland

Tuanzebe   Chester   Hourihane   Kodja

Elphick      McGinn   Hepburn-Murphy

Hutton   Grealish

Whelan.

I am going 7-0 Villa and it will be a case of why all the Hysteria before hand as if nothing has happened.  :D

This is crazy... Nyland in goal!?

This is one where I think we need to dominate the midfield, I would go:

Moreira

RDL      Tuanzebe       Chester      Hutton

Elmo   McGinn  Hourihane  Adomah

Grealish     

Kodjia

Not a formation I like, but we don't have in form wingers, and Brentford always outplay us in midfield. if both Grealish and Hourihane plays  I want Hourihane behind the striker. 

Nyland

Elmo     Chester      Tunazebe   Hutton   

Jedinak  Bjarni 

Grealish.        McGinn

Hourihane

Kodjia

I'm worried about this game but on the other hand, looking on the bright side at least Bruce will have dusted himself down, he is good at dusting, you've got to admit, and he'll have got the players to dust themselves down too. So at least we won't be dusty. 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

That 0-0 last season was another one we got away with, outplayed and stole a point.

A routine victory for Brentford yesterday over Wednesday; watch these highlights http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11476984/brentford-2-0-sheffield-wed

they got in about 10 times, they are very consistent thesedays, outplayed Stoke and battered Rotherham in their other league games so far. Hoping our big players step up and can make a difference in front of the VP faithful. Will need big games from Grealish, McGinn and Kodj.

Gonna be positive and go for a 0-0

:trollface:

• Haha 1