Dynamo Dresden v Villa

limpid

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Jack needs to play as an orthodox CM.
I can see why you would want him further ahead to do the damage in the final third....but he's the only **** with any actual talent to get on the ball and progress from defence to attack in the first place.

I agree.

Thor has also played a few nice 1st time passes to get us rolling.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I can see why you would want him further ahead to do the damage in the final third....but he's the only **** with any actual talent to get on the ball and progress from defence to attack in the first place.

yep, if we had a defence that could pass through a midfield he’d be dangerous at 10, but the back 6 or 7 just don’t have that ability to pick a pass. Our squad depth is really poor in those areas.

Just sat here humming “we are f’in S**t” and two goals in a minute!

stand by for the Brucie “Well ya naaa, if we keep it tight we ‘av players with that wee bit of quality to win us games” which translates as sit tight and wait for a break rather than force the issue.

we are Hull! ?

The Steer thing for those that missed it - Ball trickling towards the edge of his box. He is stood half out of it waiting to pick it up when it's in the box. When he does it's in the net basically because some pesky stiker knicked it from him. Took an age it did

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If we could get someone who could help with transition like this, we would be a far more potent threat.  As you say, it's clear why Jack drops back so much (and great that he has the commitment and work rate to do so) but with someone else who could run a bit through the middle it would free up so much more space for him.  Hourihane plays that role at times but someone with more quality (dare I say someone in the mould of Fabian Delph) would do wonders for our attack.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wait...this isn't the first half and that lovely strike from Green hasn't put us 1-0 up?

Balls.

So what's the score at the moment and who has scored?

Exact same thing happened to me, thought we were 2-0 up in the first half, thought it was a bit weird they made subs after what I thought was about 20 mins. 

Doesnt seem like we missed much anyway :)

Â