Time for a takeover

Jareth

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Xia has confirmed himself that he has received some bids for minority stakes. Various journos are reporting that Friday is D-Day. If we are not sold or a % sold then we risk admin next week. There are a number of interested parties ranging from full buyout to a % stake. Up to Xia to pick the right option. I feel that will be the right option for him not necessarily for us fans. 

^^^ THIS.

I'm surprised he's managed to get bids for partial ownership of a club in such a mess, if true. If I were a businessman I wouldn't touch any business with Xia as the majority shareholder as there would be serious concerns about his ability to manage it.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Every club they have taken over they have changed the colours and tried to erase the history as there takeover as start date

Good luck trying that with us lot.

Mind you, we haven't won sod all for 36 years in terms of real silverware so I don't see the problem with that one.

We can compromise..

We keep our colours, history and names to an extent.

In return they can pump us with aload of cash, run us properly and splash their name everywhere if need be (The Villa Park Red Bull Stadium).

Then we have a deal  :D

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Thatcherlover on Twitter has just said "It's happening" and "Villa are saved".

So basically that means we're screwed.

I hope he is right. He has seemed very sure throughout, so I really hope he’s on the money. We need him to be right. 

Probably just Wyness with a wind up account knowing us though!

Just now, villan-scott said:

I hope he is right. He has seemed very sure throughout, so I really hope he’s on the money. We need him to be right. 

Probably just Wyness with a wind up account knowing us though!

I would love him to be right. I'd happily admit I was wrong for calling him an attention seeking pathetic loser if he does prove himself to be genuine and we are indeed saved.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Thatcherlover on Twitter has just said "It's happening" and "Villa are saved".

So basically that means we're screwed.

I don't know if he's right or not...only time will tell. His tweets have often tied up with what other people seem to think too, so I wouldn't quosh it immediately.

If you look through his timeline, 90% of his tweets are politics related. He doesn't put much stuff out about Villa...perhaps he knows somebody that knows?

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Group from the middle east is close apparently (Gregg Evans).

Sounds like "cash injection" rather than a takeover (if true at all)?  Wait and see as per usual :) 

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I hope he's right. But.... don't think he is.

I mean we need money tomorrow it seems, a takeover is going to take months to complete surely? 

Lerner put money into the club before he'd actually bought it if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

Â