Going Under ?

hippo

21 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We've gone, like, 48 hours or something without a catastrophic headline, and suddenly everyone seems to have convinced themselves that the crisis was all some sort of mirage. 

Two urgent tests in the next two weeks or so: can we convince Shaun Harvey we have the money to fulfil our fixtures? Can we pay June's tax bill and wage bill?

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that business tax was paid quarterly?  So the one that we struggled paying would have been the end FY18 Q2. That would mean that the next one wouldn't be due until September. Maybe some business owners could clarify?

@NurembergVillan looking for you!

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that business tax was paid quarterly?  So the one that we struggled paying would have been the end FY18 Q2. That would mean that the next one wouldn't be due until September. Maybe some business owners could clarify?

@NurembergVillan looking for you!

Corporation Tax is annual, VAT is quarterly.  There will also be taxes related to PAYE and NIC, but I don't employ anyone so can't help on that.

@Risso is our resident tax expert.

• Thanks 1

VAT could be monthly or quarterly. The bigger the business they tend to go quarterly (from experience of managing clients wth turnovers up to $0.5bn)

The monthly wage bill will be the biggest expenditure the club has to find. 

21 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We've gone, like, 48 hours or something without a catastrophic headline, and suddenly everyone seems to have convinced themselves that the crisis was all some sort of mirage. 

Two urgent tests in the next two weeks or so: can we convince Shaun Harvey we have the money to fulfil our fixtures? Can we pay June's tax bill and wage bill?

A lot of people also seem to have taken us giving a new, significantly reduced, contract to a 33 year old full back as evidence that we've actually got money.

I'm not sure why.

38 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

In the US the equivalent of PAYE and NIC are also paid quarterly.

Pay employers' PAYE :

Overview

You must pay your PAYE bill to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by:

• the 22nd of the next tax month if you pay monthly
  • the 22nd after the end of the quarter if you pay quarterly - for example, 22 July for the 6 April to 5 July quarter

Edited by snowychap

7 hours ago, hippo said:

It would seems the supporters trust aren't convinced - also mentions a supporter buyout.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/15/supporters-trust-call-for-urgent-meeting-with-aston-villa-board-over-financial-crisis/

The Aston Villa Supporters' Trust have have again called for clarity on the current situation at Villa Park and asked the club to make a quick decision on the future of manager Steve Bruce.

I'm not very familiar with the Supporters Trust, but I like the sound of it. I've looked at the home page but I didn't really get a grip of what it is. Anyone who could give me some more info, for example who runs it and what influence they have? Worth donating some money to?

• 1 month later...

Feels like this will be a regular occurrence around about the 16th of each month now.

"Dr" Tony will this evening be logging into "webuyanycentrehalf.com" to see what he can get for Chester.

Aston Villa need a cash injection before the weekend as owner Tony Xia’s problems continue to mount.

Money needs to be raised by Friday to pay this month’s tax bill on time, but the embattled chairman is close to exhausting his loan options.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xias-aston-villa-cash-14924623

• Like 1

Imo Villa is finished that idiot xia is too stubborn to sell he keeps insisting he "doesnt want to sell" wake up tony it's sell or villa are finished because at this rate were going to be swamped by interest from loans. 

If you’re interested in what it’s like for a club in administration read the first few chapters of Neil Warnocks book. He talks about managing Palace and having players sold out from under him by the administrator. 

You can read it for free on Amazon as part of the preview.

It’s not pretty.

Â