Going Under ?

hippo

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

What ? let say villa is valued at £40m  - so a 51% stake costs a tad over £20m - we 17,000 season ticket holders - how much would each have to chip to buy a controlling interest ? - Hell I can't even afford a new pair of pants ? 

Only about £1200 each - I'd give that consideration.

Now we are getting to the bottom of it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5809685/Aston-Villa-turmoil-failure-pay-tax-bill-5m.html

"In an alternative version of events it has been claimed Wyness attempting to bring together a consortium to buy the club without Xia’s prior knowledge. The Chinese businessman then found out and acted."

Is all very odd - the club must have know about this for a while.

In my mind, that worries me and comforts me in equal potions.

We have an accounting function - I’m sure full of very experienced people - in place that are responsible for this. We probably also get tax advice and computation support from the Big 4, so this should be news to no one who is in charge.

We could be disputing the charge? We could be taking advice through an intermediary and this is their f up?

Sources when Xia bought us argued deep pockets. FFP doesn’t restrict this kind of investment, so should Xia be in a position to sort this out, it should be fine.

If he can’t, or won’t, that’s when we have a big problem.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Any the running costs? Investing in the squad and facilities? 

Yup, that's a different question.

It's unlikely such an ownership model would result in a cash rich club buying its way to success. But, I think it could be done sustainably.  I would think of something like

$100 per share

10x shares = 1 vote

No more than 10 votes per any individual. No limit on number of shares the individual could own.

So shares and the resulting capitol would only be to decide on ownership/governance, running the club and the associated capitol/ongoing costs would take a much more serious analysis.

Edited by villakram

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Now we are getting to the bottom of it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5809685/Aston-Villa-turmoil-failure-pay-tax-bill-5m.html

"In an alternative version of events it has been claimed Wyness attempting to bring together a consortium to buy the club without Xia’s prior knowledge. The Chinese businessman then found out and acted."

I bet Simon Jordan had a hand in that. 

2 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Is all very odd - the club must have know about this for a while.

In my mind, that worries me and comforts me in equal potions.

We have an accounting function - I’m sure full of very experienced people - in place that are responsible for this. We probably also get tax advice and computation support from the Big 4, so this should be news to no one who is in charge.

We could be disputing the charge? We could be taking advice through an intermediary and this is their f up?

Sources when Xia bought us argued deep pockets. FFP doesn’t restrict this kind of investment, so should Xia be in a position to sort this out, it should be fine.

If he can’t, or won’t, that’s when we have a big problem.

I think you might be missing the point. IMO the assumption is that Xia will not or can not get the money out of china.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Wyness plunging the knife, my word. Yet another scumbag desecrating the good name of the club.

I don't see it like that. He realised Dr T was full of shite and tried to find new owners. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Wyness plunging the knife, my word. Yet another scumbag desecrating the good name of the club.

If true (and we do not know for certain) - well it kinda puts Tony in a good light. 

• Like 1

There are still ( and understandably)too many unanswered questions.

It seems to me, we can't seem to find an owner, who can trust a CEO to run the place.

HDE for all his sins, had his hand on the pulse.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Bah I’m giving it 48 hours, far too many “stories” at present. I’ll support us in the conference if I must, as long as we don’t play Bruce type football and don’t have to start again as AFC Aston Villa I don’t care the lows just make the highs sweeter (if we ever get any again lol) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't see it like that. He realised Dr T was full of shite and tried to find new owners. 

You surprise me. I thought you like the Dr

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

That seems to be what's happened going by the current pieces in the puzzle. We're skint, he tried to find investors, Xia didn't like it. 

That might seem like some kind of betrayal or mutiny, but when it seems we can't pay the tax bill on time, maybe Wyness is actually looking out for the club.

• Like 1

Â