Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There is nothing worse than seeing a big stadium (Sunderland) and a load of empty seats.

That is what fears me about expanding Villa Park, it's the future and revenues are there to be had if we are successful...but if we are not a half empty stadium kills the atmosphere for me.

In tough times we will scrape 30k and in good times we will hit the 42k comfortably. How much higher could we go though before apathy kicks in again?

Same with most clubs though. You really think arsenal were getting 60k every game? That’s what got announce, but there were thousands of empty seats clearly on the ground. Same at Man City. Sunderland gave away thousands of free tickets in the prem just to get the ground as full as possible. To keep a healthy attendance in hard times we’d have to put on some very good deals. I think a 47-50k ground is what we should aim for. We need to move forward and show ambition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

86k is way more than twice over. When JT said we could have sold out twice over he’d have been talking about selling double our allocation of 36288 (72576), not double 86k (172000)!

My bad. I thought he meant sell the whole ground twice over. Personally I don’t think we could have sold out twice over. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fair points. The problem is that "a good season" is even harder to come by these days.

I'd argue that after 600yrs of Ellis and genuine top 4 aspirations that during that period optimism levels were higher than they had been for many a year, and we still didn't sell out every week. 

In the current climate a top 10 finish would be hugely successful and probably all we could hope for, is that going to sell out VP every week when a top 4 challenge couldn't? I'm not so sure to be honest.

I see your points. Only time will tell but we are imo in the top ten biggest fanbases in English football, so we should be capable. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My bad. I thought he meant sell the whole ground twice over. Personally I don’t think we could have sold out twice over. 

No worries. How many we could have sold is rather academic, but if we were playing a game, at the rather high prices charged, I guess 60k to 70k.

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A good season like wolves and demand would increase to around 35k which would trigger a waiting list. 

I think somewhere between 27,000 and 30,000 will trigger a waiting list - more than that would pretty much make it a closed shop.

I think we might have a waiting list this season.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

When are season tickets available to buy again, and is this the same for renewals?

I missed the early bird so have been waiting to renew - I can't see it being too much longer

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

When are season tickets available to buy again, and is this the same for renewals?

That's the big question at the moment.

What's unusual isn't just that we're a Premier league club in June that aren't selling season tickets, but also that we've made no hint of an announcement as to when we will be. The key dates on the club website all relate to the early bird window, which closed on the 12th April. 

Rumour has it that prior to that closure we'd sold more than 20,000 season tickets, possibly more than 22,000. If that's the case they might be offering as few as 5,000 more, with some of those renewals that haven't already been taken up. They could go very quickly once they get on sale.

What that level of demand might mean is no Claret members, it might mean no Cub members and if they felt like it, it could mean the club upping the prices on the new tickets they do put on sale considerably.

The other option for the club of course is not putting any more on sale at all - allowing a final window for renewals, then pushing memberships and "churn" to make sure that as many different people come to see the team next season as possible. 

I'm sure the club have spent lots of time looking at numbers and data and getting their heads around this - it's going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think somewhere between 27,000 and 30,000 will trigger a waiting list - more than that would pretty much make it a closed shop.

I think we might have a waiting list this season.

Yeah I meant that we would have 35k that wanted season tickets so it would trigger a waiting list because we’d only be able to have maybe 30k season ticket holders. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's the big question at the moment.

What's unusual isn't just that we're a Premier league club in June that aren't selling season tickets, but also that we've made no hint of an announcement as to when we will be. The key dates on the club website all relate to the early bird window, which closed on the 12th April. 

Rumour has it that prior to that closure we'd sold more than 20,000 season tickets, possibly more than 22,000. If that's the case they might be offering as few as 5,000 more, with some of those renewals that haven't already been taken up. They could go very quickly once they get on sale.

What that level of demand might mean is no Claret members, it might mean no Cub members and if they felt like it, it could mean the club upping the prices on the new tickets they do put on sale considerably.

The other option for the club of course is not putting any more on sale at all - allowing a final window for renewals, then pushing memberships and "churn" to make sure that as many different people come to see the team next season as possible. 

I'm sure the club have spent lots of time looking at numbers and data and getting their heads around this - it's going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

or the computer systems has gone tits up and they don't who has renewed and who hasn't     (yeah - what are the chances of that happening !1) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, av1 said:

I'm in K7 row 4 upper holte. I pay £420 for myself and £69 for me 14yr old son. 

The view from anywhere in the holte is fantastic so I'd definitely consider the wings. 8 seats to the right would have set me back another couple of hundred pound (for both of us). 

Have you had that seat long? I sat in K7 row 3 for 11 years up until last season.

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Have you had that seat long? I sat in K7 row 3 for 11 years up until last season.

Just a couple of years now, i used to be higher up but my son is only 14 so i came lower down as less people constantly stand. 

Given that Villa are in the second biggest city in the country if we continue to progress there is no reason why attendances should not go up. Birmingham is growing in population with a huge amount of work being done in the city  centre. With the commonwealths and HS2  it was great timing for the owner to buy it. There is a huge amount of potential at Villa and that is what is so exciting about it.  I was struck this season by how many youngsters have started to come back to watch Villa as well. 

• Like 1

Its crucial Villa join the elite of teams that pack in minimum 60k. 

and it is quite possible for Villa to win and convert neutral punters just because of the location of the club. If you go south down the M40 these crap little towns like bourgeoisie reading oxford bambury can be big catchment areas for Villa as there is a massive void for a  big team. We just have to convince them that a) we are winners...... or at least contenders b) play good football c) going up to brum is easier/quicker than going to london to watch any of those teams.

But I just hope the club respects the supporters who have been there in the bad days of 2016.

If only 16k tickets become available for champions league final in 2021 it should go on length of service.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Given that Villa are in the second biggest city in the country if we continue to progress there is no reason why attendances should not go up. Birmingham is growing in population with a huge amount of work being done in the city  centre. With the commonwealths and HS2  it was great timing for the owner to buy it. There is a huge amount of potential at Villa and that is what is so exciting about it.  I was struck this season by how many youngsters have started to come back to watch Villa as well. 

Personally I get excited when villa are on a upwards trajectory - like we are now 

(Give them hope and people will come)

Towards the end of the MON days - we were just stuck at 6th - good as that is\would be - when you don't feel you are going upwards a tad of the fun goes....  

Anyone have any idea why block P8 in Doug Ellis Stand is in the cheapest price bracket for season tickets when the rest of the stand is in the more expensive zones? Looks like that block would be good value for money considering the wide horizontal view of the pitch.

9 hours ago, jdguitar said:

Anyone have any idea why block P8 in Doug Ellis Stand is in the cheapest price bracket for season tickets when the rest of the stand is in the more expensive zones? Looks like that block would be good value for money considering the wide horizontal view of the pitch.

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that, it used to be category 2. https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/villa-park/visiting-the-stadium/seating-plan

I can only think they've bumped it down as it's right next to the away fans and people weren't too happy about paying £535 to have abuse hurled at them every other week? 

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Jack has a big role to play in matters beyond the pitch also. Hence, why the club see him as such an integral cog at Villa and why this will be taken into account with any valuation.

Edited by GENTLEMAN