Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

Just now, hippo said:

its a cracking seat - I got a great view of hourihanes goal v WBA 

surely at some point whilst you're away you'll have some form of internet access to renew

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

just spoke to the ticket office - I don't know whether it was a figure of speech - but she said they were hoping for permission to start selling last week - and she was hopeful for clearance for Thursday / Fri this week .  Alarmingly (for me) if you are existing ST holder having not renewed - the seats will only be held for a few days (I am away for a week on Mon - and she said they would not be held for the whole week I was away) 

Pretty poor to be honest - having been a ST holder through all the shite of the last a few years - a whiff of success and my ST is up for grabs. 

But it was your choice not to renew ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I find it more amazing that people have changed their minds about buying one in the space of a couple of weeks!

I couldn't finance it at the time - I have had it for a few years so promotion was unlikely to be a turn off  !

If I miss it, I miss it.. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I couldn't finance it at the time - I have had it for a few years so promotion was unlikely to be a turn off  !

If I miss it, I miss it.. 

Could you put the money in a trusted persons account and get them to call being you ?

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Could you put the money in a trusted persons account and get them to call being you ?

I can't be bothered to be honest.Hopefully they go on sale this week and I can then renew - If not I either don't bother - or get a seat elsewhere - its no biggy in the grand scheme of things.

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I find it more amazing that people have changed their minds about buying one in the space of a couple of weeks!

well i've never had a season ticket before, and usually only go to around 2 games per season.  It would have just been the excitement of getting promoted that would have made me buy them. 

now its back to the logic of it all, which weekends will i be busy, how many matches i'll miss, whether its better to just pick and choose the matches i want to go to, etc.

basically heart vs head.   

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

One big plus for next season being a season ticket holder will be away games. Surge in demand and smaller allocations will make it harder for it to hit general sale. 

Unless you have heard somethin I haven't, Im not sure you are right there. Last I spoke to them the whole Away Scheme is under Review (and it wasn't limited to ST Holders last season) considering such ideas as, quote " a lot of Clubs have no scheme at all".

10 hours ago, hippo said:

Im waiting to renew - and won't be able next week as I am on my holly's ! 

Has the telephone or tinternet not yet been invented at your destination? 😉

Edited by Kingman

21 hours ago, Kingman said:

Has the telephone or tinternet not yet been invented at your destination? 😉

Holidaying in small heath?

Season Ticket Relocation Day will now take place on Saturday 29th June for supporters wishing to switch seats for the 2019/20 campaign.

Relocation Day is only for supporters who have already purchased a Season Ticket for the coming Premier League campaign – and want to move to newly-available seats.

Summer Season Ticket prices and on-sale dates will be confirmed soon.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/14/relocation-day-update-2019-20

Does that imply they will not be selling new season tickets till after 29 June? It's getting mental now. 

Why are they not selling them? 

I'm convinced they will have lost out on a lot of sales by then. 

• Like 2

I renewed when the early bird sales were announced so I'm not really stressed about this delay but I am bemused about the fact they didn't strike while the preferable iron was hot. 

I'm also intrigued by the pricing, if they raise it significantly there could be a situation were the guy that sits next to me could be paying x amount more then me. This hasn't been dealt with well imo. 

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does that imply they will not be selling new season tickets till after 29 June? It's getting mental now. 

Why are they not selling them? 

I'm convinced they will have lost out on a lot of sales by then. 

I’m convinced they’ll sell however many they put on sale.

Edited by terrytini

48 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m convinced they’ll sell however many they put on sale.

In which case they might as well wait to open sales after a couple of big signings... and they can charge much more!

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If they’ve sold 22k already, surely they’ll put another 10k on sale to take it to 32k?

They haven't sold quite that many. They have to allow 25% of the ground for FA Cup games and allow for other people with a "right" to get per match tickets (members, lions clubs, cubs, etc).

I suspect the most they'll sell is about 28-29k