Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

45 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Did it arrive OK in the end? We did the same for our son and it came around 15th Dec. Great Christmas morning.

Yes it did but something like 23rd Dec.  Just wondering how I'm going to renew both without installments 😞

Many clubs affected by this including us , Celtic and Hearts up here.

They all say they are looking at an alternative to zebra and like you we are hoping they extend the "early bird" package if time drags on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newhavenhibby said:

Many clubs affected by this including us , Celtic and Hearts up here.

They all say they are looking at an alternative to zebra and like you we are hoping they extend the "early bird" package if time drags on.

There will be more to come on this I am sure. This Zebra issue is not just black and white I think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Luckily I renewed a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully the club can find a replacement, paying over 9 months makes the decision to renew so much easier.  I think I only pay about £56pm for me and my boy. 

I think this is really going to knock sales, i haven't renewed mine yet,  i was planning to this weekend using zebra, i just havent got the money to pay it in one go and im sure plenty others are in same boat. Could be my first year without a season ticket in 24 years.

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

There will be more to come on this I am sure. This Zebra issue is not just black and white I think. 

LOL.................Being a visitor, I cannot give "likes" etc but that is clever sidcow.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

I think this is really going to knock sales, i haven't renewed mine yet,  i was planning to this weekend using zebra, i just havent got the money to pay it in one go and im sure plenty others are in same boat. Could be my first year without a season ticket in 24 years.

Don't know if this will help but what I've done previously is apply for a 12 or 24 month interest free credit card and pay for it on that then pay off over monthly installments that I can afford.  That way I don't pay the interest that Zebra or other finance companies charge.

3 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Don't know if this will help but what I've done previously is apply for a 12 or 24 month interest free credit card and pay for it on that then pay off over monthly installments that I can afford.  That way I don't pay the interest that Zebra or other finance companies charge.

Zebra was interest freebie anyway 😜

22 hours ago, screwdriver said:

this is an absolute disgrace.

to pull the plug right on pay day weekend when everyone was going to renew is outrageous.

it was optimum time to run the campaign due to the jack back story and the  4 win feel good factor. and reward the hardcore with a frozen ticket.

but now it looks like a cynical attempt to juice fans for an extra 50 quid. Edens and egyption should fly to aston by helicopter tonight to sort out this mess.

get the schoominite on the phone he owns a bank. the least he can do is sort us a 0% deal.

Smith should call an emergency press conference tonight and explain himself. he's happy to pay micah richards the skrilla for doing **** all why not extend the deadline for the frozen price?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, screwdriver said:

this is an absolute disgrace.

to pull the plug right on pay day weekend when everyone was going to renew is outrageous.

it was optimum time to run the campaign due to the jack back story and the  4 win feel good factor. and reward the hardcore with a frozen ticket.

but now it looks like a cynical attempt to juice fans for an extra 50 quid. Edens and egyption should fly to aston by helicopter tonight to sort out this mess.

get the schoominite on the phone he owns a bank. the least he can do is sort us a 0% deal.

Smith should call an emergency press conference tonight and explain himself. he's happy to pay micah richards the skrilla for doing **** all why not extend the deadline for the frozen price?

How is this the clubs fault? Zebra have pulled out of football, it’s affected other clubs as well.. but anything to have a go at smith though ay. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Yea i have thought about doing that thanks, i used to pay off in 1 go, but 500 quid is alot more money when you have a family, The 0% by zebra was fantastic, lets hope they find another supplier.

I actually don't understand why Villa don't offer this in-house.

I'm assuming that Zebra made a percentage of sales and that's what made it possible to offer 0% - Villa probably lost a percentage of the income to company in return for getting all the cash immediately (vital under Dr Xia). But if Villa offered it's own payment scheme then they'd lose none of this income. You also couldn't really have any bad debt as season tickets are paid off long before the season has finished and there is no material asset, missed payments just require deactivating the season ticket, no recovery is needed. Can't be much different to gym membership in regards to setting up...

Needs sorting quickly though, whatever they decide to do.

1 hour ago, Mr.Messy said:

If Zebra offered 0% interest its no suprise they went bust.

It seems the problem is to with the bank they were using, “falling out” with the BOE (no idea what that really means). 

Ive used the 0% finance probably for the last 5 years (or however long Villa have offered it) so I wouldn’t say that has impacted their demise 

43 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I actually don't understand why Villa don't offer this in-house.

I'm assuming that Zebra made a percentage of sales and that's what made it possible to offer 0% - Villa probably lost a percentage of the income to company in return for getting all the cash immediately (vital under Dr Xia). But if Villa offered it's own payment scheme then they'd lose none of this income. You also couldn't really have any bad debt as season tickets are paid off long before the season has finished and there is no material asset, missed payments just require deactivating the season ticket, no recovery is needed. Can't be much different to gym membership in regards to setting up...

Needs sorting quickly though, whatever they decide to do.

Because they get the money up front from Zebra. The season ticket money will keep the club solvent over the close season, if they did it themselves they would lose the up front cash injection and only collect it during the season when they have other ticket and match day income. 

Also i assume they think their internal rate of return is greater than whatever interest they have to pay to Zebra for the loan. 

• 2 weeks later...