Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They need to get them up again before I think better of it!

Maybe they only want fans who are truly committed to the Villa cause and won’t be put off by a short wait.

😉

Not sure if this is the right place for this question so I will make it a 2 parter to fit. 

John Terry said after the playoff final that we could have sold out twice over. 

1) I know loads of people who wanted to go to the game but couldn't get tickets and for example if there were some available (me and my lad went) I am sure my daughter and The Mrs would have gone as well   Could we have sold 80, 000 tickets? I think we could. 

2) I am sure we will see the max number of season tickets we can this year which I believe is around 28,000.  If we were able to sell all of Villa Park as season tickets, do you think we could? Again I know people looking to get season tickets this year for the first time in years. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

2) I am sure we will see the max number of season tickets we can this year which I believe is around 28,000.  If we were able to sell all of Villa Park as season tickets, do you think we could? Again I know people looking to get season tickets this year for the first time in years. 

This one is going to be very interesting. From what I can gather, prior to the closing of the early bird window, we'd sold in excess of 20,000 season tickets.

Capacity is just over 42,000 - we'd need to leave a few thousand for away fans, so let's put a ceiling for the season at 39,000 tickets per game. 

We have 19 home games, so that's 741,000 seats to sell. 

If we've already sold 22,000 season tickets, that's 418,000 of those gone - that leaves us 323,000 seats to sell.

Let's say that there are a number of seats that go to the club and a number that are allocated to specific groups like Lions Clubs, disabled supporters, community tickets and players guests - maybe 500 a game of these?

I think 28,000 seems a sensible cap on season ticket sales - that would be another 114,000 of the original tickets left, which if you take away the clubs allocation too would mean....erm....about 199,500 tickets left to sell - or just over 10,000 a game. 

I think it's vital we try to keep that figure at around 10,000 to cater for Cub members and Claret members and to allow season ticket holders to bring a friend and most importantly to make sure that Villa Park doesn't end up a private club where the same 39,000 people come every week.

Even at that figure - if season ticket holders bring a friend twice a season each, you're down to 7,500 tickets available per game for people who aren't a season ticket holder or a friend of one. 

If we were to sell 30,000 season tickets, I think you could get to a point where only a handful of home games would go to general sale.

All of which is brilliant really - I can't remember a time when demand has been like this - dealing with our success will be a real challenge for the club this year.

Should we look to redevelop Villa Park and the North Stand in particular in order to match demand going forward, then we'll also have to be careful not to put ourselves into a position where we wouldn't be able to fit all of our existing season ticket holders into the ground during a period of redevelopment.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens when the window reopens - how many will be for sale and what the prices will be. I think we're going to see the sold out signs a lot this season and a season ticket waiting list for the first time in living memory.

• Like 3

I am interested in getting two season tickets next season, first ones ever (glory supporter ;)) !

Not done any proper research but can anyone tell me what sort of price I can expect (roughly) and does it vary much from stand to stand? Also when do they usually go on sale?

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I am interested in getting two season tickets next season, first ones ever (glory supporter ;)) !

Not done any proper research but can anyone tell me what sort of price I can expect (roughly) and does it vary much from stand to stand? Also when do they usually go on sale?

Thanks in advance.

North Stand I pay £644 for 2 adults and 2 under 18s bargain but that was early bird prices in the family area. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Thanks in advance.

I paid about £500 last year lower trinity restricted view seats and about £550 this year in the Doug Ellis.
Word of advice, don't take the restricted view seats in Trinity ...and it ain't due to the view.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

North Stand I pay £644 for 2 adults and 2 under 18s bargain but that was early bird prices in the family area. 

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I paid about £500 last year lower trinity restricted view seats and about £550 this year in the Doug Ellis.
Word of advice, don't take the restricted view seats in Trinity ...and it ain't due to the view.

Thanks guys appreciated.

My preference would be Holte End but will decide once I know more details.

16 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Thanks guys appreciated.

My preference would be Holte End but will decide once I know more details.

I'm in Holte End Upper and mine cost me £500, again that is early bird price though. Seeing as you get less games in the PL you wouldn't have thought the price would go up by much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Thanks in advance.

I'm in K7 row 4 upper holte. I pay £420 for myself and £69 for me 14yr old son. 

The view from anywhere in the holte is fantastic so I'd definitely consider the wings. 8 seats to the right would have set me back another couple of hundred pound (for both of us). 

Why haven't they opened selling season tickets again?    They should have been available to buy within an hour of winning the play-offs!

People would have bought them whilst they were on a high!

Edited by ender4

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm in K7 row 4 upper holte. I pay £420 for myself and £69 for me 14yr old son. 

The view from anywhere in the holte is fantastic so I'd definitely consider the wings. 8 seats to the right would have set me back another couple of hundred pound (for both of us). 

Just to add to that as your question was regarding costing, i use the 9 months interest free option so it works out at £54 per month for 9 months. 

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this question so I will make it a 2 parter to fit. 

John Terry said after the playoff final that we could have sold out twice over. 

1) I know loads of people who wanted to go to the game but couldn't get tickets and for example if there were some available (me and my lad went) I am sure my daughter and The Mrs would have gone as well   Could we have sold 80, 000 tickets? I think we could. 

No way would we sell it twice over. We’d be lucky to sell out the full 86k . I think we would if we had been out the prem for as long as Leeds have. The demand would be unreal then and we’d sell the whole ground out. Regarding season tickets. I don’t think there is enough demand yet to sell the whole ground as season tickets. If we had a season like wolves had then yes , I’d say we would have demand then. 

There's not been such optimism around the club since the first Lerner/O'Neill season, I think we'll be packing the place out easily.

How long it stays that way is another matter. We need to be realistic and know we're probably going to get a damn good hiding by some of the top teams. We need to be picking up wins and playing the kind of football we know Smith likes to when we're up against the mid-table to bottom teams so that we keep bums on seats.

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's not been such optimism around the club since the first Lerner/O'Neill season, I think we'll be packing the place out easily.

I agree with the first bit mate, but we hardly ever sold out under MON. 

I think it's bonkers to suggest we could sell 40k season tickets to be honest. 

There is nothing worse than seeing a big stadium (Sunderland) and a load of empty seats.

That is what fears me about expanding Villa Park, it's the future and revenues are there to be had if we are successful...but if we are not a half empty stadium kills the atmosphere for me.

In tough times we will scrape 30k and in good times we will hit the 42k comfortably. How much higher could we go though before apathy kicks in again?

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

The one season under MON we had 12 sell outs I think it was. You’d be surprised how quick demand can happen. Premier league football is getting more popular by the season. I think season ticket sales will match the MON era and a lot of games will be 40+ regardless of form. It’s the seasons after where it will probably drop if we struggle. At the moment max we’d sell is around 28k. A good season like wolves and demand would increase to around 35k which would trigger a waiting list. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No way would we sell it twice over. We’d be lucky to sell out the full 86k . 

86k is way more than twice over. When JT said we could have sold out twice over he’d have been talking about selling double our allocation of 36288 (72576), not double 86k (172000)!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

MON never felt like we had made it to me.  Another defeat always seem to be around the corner, and it usually came when we sold out Villa Park

I remember every time we had a full house thinking to myself "Put in a performance now Villa and make this lot want to come back again next week" and invariably they lost in a really disappointing manner.

Since English football has been as big as it is we have either had a very unsuccessful or a very very dull team.

I think if we can continue to play entertaining and exciting football in the PL we will get big crowds even if we are not as successful as we would hope.

The MON years to me whilst we were doing reasonably well were always Emperors new Clothes for me and I never really believed we would make it big, and even with what success we did have it was pretty dull watching us relatively speaking.

I bet we sell more season tickets this year than we did under MON, it all just feels so good, so right and in Jack we have an Aston Villa superstar even if not a national superstar (yet).

Renewed for the 19th year of my 27 on earth. 

Capacity for season tickets will probably be set at around 27,000 I'd imagine. Have we ever sold out of season tickets before 🤔?

We're basically Man Utd. I also wonder if we can consolidate in the Premier League will a ground expansion actually ever be a feasible idea? To be honest, a deep clean of the north stand and some claret and blue panelling over the concrete would be a fantastic start!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The one season under MON we had 12 sell outs I think it was. You’d be surprised how quick demand can happen. Premier league football is getting more popular by the season. I think season ticket sales will match the MON era and a lot of games will be 40+ regardless of form. It’s the seasons after where it will probably drop if we struggle. At the moment max we’d sell is around 28k. A good season like wolves and demand would increase to around 35k which would trigger a waiting list. 

Fair points. The problem is that "a good season" is even harder to come by these days.

I'd argue that after 600yrs of Ellis and genuine top 4 aspirations that during that period optimism levels were higher than they had been for many a year, and we still didn't sell out every week. 

In the current climate a top 10 finish would be hugely successful and probably all we could hope for, is that going to sell out VP every week when a top 4 challenge couldn't? I'm not so sure to be honest.