Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that, it used to be category 2. https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/villa-park/visiting-the-stadium/seating-plan

I can only think they've bumped it down as it's right next to the away fans and people weren't too happy about paying £535 to have abuse hurled at them every other week? 

That was my view too. I looked at them before renewing, was tempted but I don't fancy putting up with the token neanderthal shouting abuse all day trying to goad fans.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that, it used to be category 2. https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/villa-park/visiting-the-stadium/seating-plan

I can only think they've bumped it down as it's right next to the away fans and people weren't too happy about paying £535 to have abuse hurled at them every other week? 

Good point - hopefully less of a problem in the Premier League, I mean I imagine the likes of the Arsenal fans etc will be more preoccupied with their quinoa and avocado sandwiches

It does seem very strange that the season tickets haven't gone back on sale yet. You would have thought they would have been ready after the Playoff Final to get a big increase in sales with the momentum.

I'm more interested in next season, after a year of tougher games with not as many wins, how many ST's will we then sell? Will the current good feeling from the Championship seasons carry on?

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It does seem very strange that the season tickets haven't gone back on sale yet. You would have thought they would have been ready after the Playoff Final to get a big increase in sales with the momentum.

I'm more interested in next season, after a year of tougher games with not as many wins, how many ST's will we then sell? Will the current good feeling from the Championship seasons carry on?

Im waiting to renew - and won't be able next week as I am on my holly's ! 

Just now, turvontour said:

Does anyone know how long usually you get to choose to renew your current seats. Is it like a week or a month roughly?

last few years you have had to claim your seat by early June.

I jut don't understand it.  I am sure they must have had discussions in the whole "what if we do get promoted" planning that they say have been happening since Millwall about what they will do with sale/pricing.

It makes no sense.  Even if they hadn't even thought about it before they have had over 2 weeks now.  I know people who were desperate to buy, I hope their thoughts haven't started to drift elsewhere.

I really can't think of a logical explanation about why the delay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know people who were desperate to buy, I hope their thoughts haven't started to drift elsewhere.

I would 100% have bought 2 season tickets after the play-off final.   For the first time ever.

Now me and my mate are not sure if that's the right decision or not. We will look at the fixtures first and then see what we will miss during the season. then decide.  

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I would 100% have bought 2 season tickets after the play-off final.   For the first time ever.

Now me and my mate are not sure if that's the right decision or not. We will look at the fixtures first and then see what we will miss during the season. then decide.  

Nothings changed.  Buy them still.  A full Villa Park will only help us.  Get a seat now and avoid the bum's rush.

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Do it, you know it's the right thing to do.

Probably the 3rd/4th biggest income for the club behind TV,  Sponsorships and Corporate money and the shutters are still down. 

Dose seem a strange one when momentum was at its highest in donkeys years. 

Edited by Kingman

The AVFCSupport twitter feed pinned a tweet the day after the Play-Off Final saying the date that season tickets go back on sale hadn't been confirmed yet.  It did say though that if you are renewing your seat it will be held until 14th June.

Given that the 14th is this Friday and they still haven't announced anything, surely this will be pushed back?

Edited by stato

27 minutes ago, stato said:

The AVFCSupport twitter feed pinned a tweet the day after the Play-Off Final saying the date that season tickets go back on sale hadn't been confirmed yet.  It did say though that if you are renewing your seat it will be held until 14th June.

Given that the 14th is this Friday and they still haven't announced anything, surely this will be pushed back?

said pinned tweet has had a few replies over the last couple of days so i'd imagine that they'll have them on sale soon

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Exactly the same here. Anytime in the week following the final and I'd have dropped a grand on tickets for me and the other half straight away without thinking about it. since then, I've started to think maybe we could spend the money a bit more wisely and just go to a few more matches without committing to all 19.

I'm sure we'll still sell loads, but it does seem very odd that they've not made the most of the excitement immediately following Wembley. It's been over 2 weeks, what on earth are they waiting for?

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I jut don't understand it.  I am sure they must have had discussions in the whole "what if we do get promoted" planning that they say have been happening since Millwall about what they will do with sale/pricing.

It makes no sense.  Even if they hadn't even thought about it before they have had over 2 weeks now.  I know people who were desperate to buy, I hope their thoughts haven't started to drift elsewhere.

Computer Problems 

just spoke to the ticket office - I don't know whether it was a figure of speech - but she said they were hoping for permission to start selling last week - and she was hopeful for clearance for Thursday / Fri this week .  Alarmingly (for me) if you are existing ST holder having not renewed - the seats will only be held for a few days (I am away for a week on Mon - and she said they would not be held for the whole week I was away) 

Pretty poor to be honest - having been a ST holder through all the shite of the last a few years - a whiff of success and my ST is up for grabs. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

just spoke to the ticket office - I don't know whether it was a figure of speech - but she said they were hoping for permission to start selling last week - and she was hopeful for clearance for Thursday / Fri this week .  Alarmingly (for me) if you are existing ST holder having not renewed - the seats will only be held for a few days (I am away for a week on Mon - and she said they would not be held for the whole week I was away) 

Pretty poor to be honest - having been a ST holder through all the shite of the last a few years - a whiff of success and my ST is up for grabs. 

is it a good seat? might nick it ;)

• Like 1