World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

Interesting looking at the match ups for the knock outs. I think given what we've seen from Germany at this tournament England would give them a really good game. Would certainly create chances but of course mental side of it would need to be looked at.

Got a feeling for some reason England would beat Portugal aswell if they were to meet at any stage.

Think the three teams England would massively struggle to counter would be Spain, Brazil and France. Don't see them beating any of those three.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's not like you'd be avoiding Brazil by finishing top.

People are more referring to the QF than the next round. Brazil v Germany is a real possibility and the winners of our group would face the winners of that game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andym said:

Sterling has to be dropped, his only contribution was missing a free header in the build up to the 4th goal. 

Sterling is just not up to it at international level. I think he he is very fortunate to be in such good company at Man City, allowing him to score a fair few goals. I reckon he would struggle at any other team and I cant imagine he will play much more of this world cup. 

Out of his depth.

35 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

People are more referring to the QF than the next round. Brazil v Germany is a real possibility and the winners of our group would face the winners of that game.

Never thought that far ahead, d'oh!

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It will be so typical if England win their group and it ends up being far far better to finish 2nd (which is likely!)

For me, I think England need to win and keep the momentum and confidence, if it means meeting Brazil in the quarter finals then so be it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

For me, I think England need to win and keep the momentum and confidence, if it means meeting Brazil in the quarter finals then so be it!

Agreed. Personally I would prefer to face a harder team earlier in the tournament just to test our mettle. We're going to have to face a good team or two at some point on the way to winning this thing, so trying to avoid Brazil only prolongs the inevitable. 

Brilliant performance. However the defense looks like it would struggle under pressure. Walker keeps making unforced errors that could cost us against higher quality opposition.....bring on Belgium, may as well be tested before the knock out stages kick in 

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Sterling is just not up to it at international level. I think he he is very fortunate to be in such good company at Man City, allowing him to score a fair few goals. I reckon he would struggle at any other team and I cant imagine he will play much more of this world cup. 

Out of his depth.

2 goals in 40 caps is pretty awful especially as he gets into about 4 great positions per game

• Like 1

Is Lingard still shit?

Strange watching Ashley Young as the team's senior player. I think he does a good job using his experience, keeps a cool head - we definitely need a player like that in such a youthful team.

I think that win was better than many naysayers are giving England credit for.  Calling Panama a pub side is OTT.  They are not a pub side.  They beat & held Costa Rica, they held Mexico and finished above the USA.  They had a bad day yesterday and England put them to the sword.  Something England have struggled to do in the past with lesser sides.  Panama will have better days, but trying to downplay what was a clinical win against a side who gave you the opportunities on the day is poor, and the manner of the win bodes well for England.  I'm glad they're gone though.  They're a horrible, cynical side so good riddance.

• Like 1

Â