World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

On 24/06/2018 at 12:55, mjmooney said:

Where are ya, VTers? 

Just going through the thread as I've been away. Found an Irish bar showing the game on hols in Rome for the Panama game.

On 24/06/2018 at 14:22, StefanAVFC said:

What a shit hattrick

was said many times :)

On 24/06/2018 at 15:32, Dick said:

**** hell. I'm feeling proud... *gulp;*

Haven't felt so passionate about England since France 98! And of course Euro 96. I feel really proud of our players so far.

Up there as one of my favourite games I've ever watched down the pub along with England v Argentina in '02 with the Beckham penalty.

Couldn't resist standing up asking if we've ever scored 6 goals in a game and all that with all the other tourists much to the embarrassment of MrsVM. One lad from Essex was happy like me over the other side of the room. The mum, dad and 3 teenage clones were glad - the males because of the footie, the mum because she was rocking candy crush to be fair. The rest of them were pretty subdued to be honest. We really are a miserable bunch aren't we :)

Great stuff though the Panama game. I'll remember that one.

• Like 1

Belgium I missed the first half on a train. Found a Pizza place by the station just in time for the second half.

Had a belgian guy and an Italian couple for company. The Belgian dude looked a bit wary after he realised I was an England fan but chilled out when he realised I'm not like the stereotype we project outwards to the world. We communicated mostly via raised eyebrows and open palmed gesticulations. The Italian couple said they weren't really bothered after Italy missing out. Staff were a good laugh too, especially as I was paying as Belgium scored and my excitement about not missing it quickly turned to predictable despair. This Italian dude walked in after the Januzaj goal (which was a nice goal) and started bossing everyone about a bit and generally being a bit of a prick. Think he might have been some sort of dodgy Italian guy who was the boss of the place so when he blagged a fag I obliged and we had a bit of a chat. I was right about him being a prick. He said he was supporting England with Italy not being there though. A group of people stopped in the doorway as the rain came down and said hi to the Belgian dude and asked if Belgium had won - yes the obvious reply. 'Good' they all said in unison.

I preferred the Panama game tbf :D

Other highlights from being away was finding out Germany had gone out from these 2 german fans - one of whom was from Kentucky in the states - who sat down on the table next to us in this restaurant/cafe/bar type place in their footy tops. And like most German fans I've ever met were a right good laugh, even though they'd just lost. They properly rate Kane FWIW. They obviously understood that I thought they were winding me up  that they had lost 2-0 to S.Korea! And the American dude was also pretty despondent about the US team. Knowledgeable boys though and good company for half an hour before all our partners got bored and banned the footy talk :)

Chatted with a load of Senegalese street vendors for a bit. They liked me rating them as the best African team. I didn't bring up Lord Sugar :ph34r:

The Italians are not happy that they missed out. :thumb:

• Like 1

Â