World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Really dull second half, kind of a shame we've just sat back like this. 

Would it be worth it? We've already won and we're already through to the last 16. What's the point in expending the energy? Yes at half-time with all the excitement I wanted another 8 goals, but the result means very little after we're out of this group. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Really dull second half, kind of a shame we've just sat back like this. 

Yet perfectly understandable. No need to waste energy when you don’t have to. 

• Like 2

It’s understandable but I don’t like the complacency. See the game out by all means but it’s sloppy at times.

6-1 though, didn’t expect it before it started. I’d stick with the starting line up again, maybe drop Loftus-cheek. 

Great stuff.

Teams like Panama don't belong at this stage, half of them probably work on the Panama Canal for their main jobs. The World Cup is going to get really shit from 2022 onward because there will be 42 teams in it, so more of the Panama's of this world showing up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Would it be worth it? We've already won and we're already through to the last 16. What's the point in expending the energy? Yes at half-time with all the excitement I wanted another 8 goals, but the result means very little after we're out of this group. 

An extra goal going in to the Belgium game would have been fairly significant, it means a draw lets us through. As it is, we're going to be looking at bookings if it goes to a draw..

Game was won at ht but sloppiness at the back 2nd half is a slight concern going forwards (we were sloppy against tunisia as well)

Sterling has to be dropped, his only contribution was missing a free header in the build up to the 4th goal. 

Disappointed in the contribution of the subs as well, didnt really come on and stake a claim for a place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Teams like Panama don't belong at this stage, half of them probably work on the Panama Canal for their main jobs. The World Cup is going to get really shit from 2022 onward because there will be 42 teams in it, so more of the Panama's of this world showing up.

48 not 42!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Imagine the top games we will see in the future: Ghana vs new zealand, Finland vs Thailand, Trinidad vs Bolivia or more of tunisia vs panama, saudi Arabia vs egypt, Iran vs morocco....

all the best teams in the world playing for top glory

Just now, AXD said:

Imagine the top games we will see in the future: Ghana vs new zealand, Finland vs Thailand, Trinidad vs Bolivia or more of tunisia vs panama, saudi Arabia vs egypt, Iran vs morocco....

all the best teams in the world playing for top glory

It'll be like the Champions League LOL

I think Harry Kane is a shoe in for the golden boot, one more goal and that could probably do it, and he'll get one against Belgium because Martinez is a clueless sack of shit and fields shite like Boyata at centre half and plays Carrasco as a wing back. He'd also be thick enough to rest the likes of Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne. 

For England going forward I see Maguire and Young being a car crash on that left hand side of defence, will get exposed in the KO stages.

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

An extra goal going in to the Belgium game would have been fairly significant, it means a draw lets us through. As it is, we're going to be looking at bookings if it goes to a draw..

It's not the end of the world, England will be facing one of Japan, Poland, Senegal or Colombia. Not much variance in quality there. It's not like you'd be avoiding Brazil by finishing top.

• Like 1

Â