18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

I hadn’t realised this row/ debate was going on !

Ive not gone right back to the beginning but how on Earth has it become a bone of contention about Wiemans offside ? It’s no more contentious an offside decision than is seen a hundred times a week.

I thought he was Off at the time, nobody near me said we’d got away with one, the video as much as it shows anything shows he was Off if anything....what are they beefing about ? Other than the fact they probably think they’ve blown what was a good position a few weeks back... it happens.

As for the Penalty, we’ve been given, and Conceded, penalties that at the time have looked nailed on, possible, and definitely not. This was one we all thought was a Pen.....but of the sort that are often given, often not.

In other words two very normal football incidents.

Both of which shouldn’t overshadow we created far more clear chances than Bristol, and that’s with them having had an extra rest, us playing an hour with 10 men a couple of days before, and having key players out.

Yes, nothing contentious here. We were the better team and deservedly won. Now, if you're a Wednesday fan I think you'd have grounds to grumble after the Hillsborough game. I think Bristol are clinging to the hope that it was a close game to mitigate any fear they have in meeting us in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Pardon me Sam3773. My bad.

Now, onto promotion matters - four more points should  be enough for the playoffs I reckon - agreed?

I reckon six.

Also I am pretty nervous for the playoffs, not player wise, I think our team as as good as anyone in this league, but if Bielsa gets automatics I will breathe a bit easier. He is the only coach/ manager who scares me.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The only decision wrong on sat was a pen that was soft. But how many towns have we need been giving blatent pens and had bad decsions given against us? About time one went in our favour. 

😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Pardon me Sam3773. My bad.

Now, onto promotion matters - four more points should  be enough for the playoffs I reckon - agreed?

Yup. 

Then we can start getting all horribly nervous all over again !

I think we've got a pretty decent chance now of making the playoffs so I'll permit myself a brief glance into the future. 

WBA would be a tough game but one I think we would ultimately win. I think we are better than them no doubt. 

Bristol - I think we are significantly better than them. I really hope we end up playing them. 

Leeds. A tricky one I think we've got enough to see them off but no doubt they have weapons to hurt us in the way that Boggies and Bristol dont really. 

Sheffield Utd. In my view the best side we've played this year. Absolutely battered us for 60 mins and home and 90 mins away. The crazy formation seems to cause us real problems. We haven't played them since we've been in good form and we have certainly been two separate teams this year. Relegation form and Automatic form. Be a very interesting game against these guys and one that would make me nervous. But then Leeds would too. 

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Can we stop talking about how much we battered Bristol please.

Anyway - who do you fancy Sheff Utd, Leeds or WBA?

None of them really fill me with confidence. 4-1 loss & 3-3 draw against sheff utd who lets be honest tore us apart twice and we somehow scraped a draw in one game.  2-2 draw & 2-0 loss against WBA, ok we should have won the first one but threw it away and a dodgy handball & 3-2 loss to Leeds where we threw away a 2-0 lead at home.  Think given a choice i would have Sheff Utd go up in 2nd place and hope Bristol City somehow manage to beat Leeds in the other semi (City have lost both league games and failed to score in either so seems unlikely)

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think we've got a pretty decent chance now of making the playoffs so I'll permit myself a brief glance into the future. 

WBA would be a tough game but one I think we would ultimately win. I think we are better than them no doubt. 

Bristol - I think we are significantly better than them. I really hope we end up playing them. 

Leeds. A tricky one I think we've got enough to see them off but no doubt they have weapons to hurt us in the way that Boggies and Bristol dont really. 

Sheffield Utd. In my view the best side we've played this year. Absolutely battered us for 60 mins and home and 90 mins away. The crazy formation seems to cause us real problems. We haven't played them since we've been in good form and we have certainly been two separate teams this year. Relegation form and Automatic form. Be a very interesting game against these guys and one that would make me nervous. But then Leeds would too. 

What formation do sheff utd play?, a wacky 3-3-3-1 or something?

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

What formation do sheff utd play?, a wacky 3-3-3-1 or something?

When they played us at Villa park they played 3 at the back but the CBs were bombing on and overlapping to make the extra man, some of the midfielders seemed to be dropping back to cover. To be honest it was bamboozling and I have no bleeding idea what the formation/system was but I know two things. 1 - it was a system I have never seen before and 2 it was definitely effective. The Villa players looked more confused than anyone else in the first half. 

29 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

None of them really fill me with confidence. 4-1 loss & 3-3 draw against sheff utd who lets be honest tore us apart twice and we somehow scraped a draw in one game.  2-2 draw & 2-0 loss against WBA, ok we should have won the first one but threw it away and a dodgy handball & 3-2 loss to Leeds where we threw away a 2-0 lead at home.  Think given a choice i would have Sheff Utd go up in 2nd place and hope Bristol City somehow manage to beat Leeds in the other semi (City have lost both league games and failed to score in either so seems unlikely)

If you’re thinking along these lines, wouldn’t it make more sense to hope Leeds finish second and Sheff Utd play Bristol City, as Bristol City have beaten them twice this season?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If you’re thinking along these lines, wouldn’t it make more sense to hope Leeds finish second and Sheff Utd play Bristol City, as Bristol City have beaten them twice this season?

this. I'm still nervous about Leeds being in playoff contention. they have well and truly outplayed us this year and even though it appears that our fortunes have turned for the better, I wouldn't feel confident going up against them. Shef Utd without Sharp seems like a much more lenient prospect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I reckon six.

Also I am pretty nervous for the playoffs, not player wise, I think our team as as good as anyone in this league, but if Bielsa gets automatics I will breathe a bit easier. He is the only coach/ manager who scares me.

play offs are so even this year - Villa, WBA, Sheff U - not much between those. could well come down to penalty kicks at wembley.

This might not please our bristol mate on here - but wouldn't rule out boro claiming 6th place - they have stopped the rot and have some easy fixtures.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's hope our manager and players aren't as scared of Leeds as the fans on here seem to be.

For me it's not about being scared of Leeds. I think we have a better squad than them, by a fair margin now that our defense is sorted.

It's about having respect for a manager that is more experienced at different leagues, nations and competitions than any other manager in this league has even been and will ever be.

Now that doesn't mean Bielsa will be successful, but he should be respected should we face them.

You don't want to go out all Tactics Tim against Arsenal and think it'll sort itself out.

Thankfully I have faith that Smith will handle the preparations should we face them.

• Like 3

I think the mentality of the team at the moment is that they will beat anybody in front of them. With that in mind, I'm inclined to agree with them.

Bring on whoever and wherever.

Rah rah rah. We're going to smash the oiks.

• Like 3

On 15/04/2019 at 11:50, Merson08 said:

Apologies for missing the last three weeks, I have been topping a tan up on holiday to visit family in Croatia. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kalinic hasnt been involved in 3 weeks:detect:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3