18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think West Brom may win the title. They look pretty good. I'm still pissed off about that robbery there. That could have helped so badly and what a game for those idiots to make such a mistake and for Tammy to have a stinker :bang:

The Forest and Stoke home matches are where we should have picked up extra points - No complaints about the results - But you have to win your home games if you want to achieve anything - and I include the play offs in that (being achievable).

Edited by hippo

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

The Forest and Stoke home matches are where we should have picked up extra points - No complaints about the results - But you have to win your home games if you want to achieve anything - and I include the play offs in that (being achievable).

So not the home games against Brentford, Reading, Sheff Wednesday & Preston? Those dropped nine points hurt us more.

10 of Norwichs 14 wins in the league have been by 1 goal.

A lot of those goals have been very late, 80th minute and later.

Sign of a good side maybe but still dont think its sustainable.

• Like 1

West Brom just played Rotherham, lets not jump ahead of ourselves shall we!

Norwich have to be asking questions of why they cant seem to win a game without a last minute winner, that will catch up with you eventually.

Still we have caught points on Derby, Sheffield, Forest and Leeds this weekend!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Norwich have to be asking questions of why they cant seem to win a game without a last minute winner, that will catch up with you eventually.

....if we win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yeah just as it caught up with Cardiff

34 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So not the home games against Brentford, Reading, Sheff Wednesday & Preston? Those dropped nine points hurt us more.

????????

where have said that. ? what I meant was in the recent "good run" those two games need to be winnable if we are going to make even the play offs....we have to win those sort of games.

the games you mention we were playing dross and the whole world and his dog knew we werent going anywhere.

34 minutes ago, Cjay said:

10 of Norwichs 14 wins in the league have been by 1 goal.

A lot of those goals have been very late, 80th minute and later.

Sign of a good side maybe but still dont think its sustainable.

I think that's more important for you than us. For us, they're now 14 points away from us - we need to win five more of the next 23 than they do. I think they'll fade away, but they've put in a hell of a first half.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

????????

where have said that. ? what I meant was in the recent "good run" those two games need to be winnable if we are going to make even the play offs....we have to win those sort of games.

the games you mention we were playing dross and the whole world and his dog knew we werent going anywhere.

I didn’t see any mention in the discussion of dropped points being being confined to this recent good run and at no other time during the season. 

I would say we should have been picking up more than three points in four home games against mid table or lower fodder. If we miss out on the play offs or whatever, I won’t look back on draws against Forest and Stoke, it will have been the earlier games against weaker opposition that will have proved to be our undoing.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

so after today's matches we sit 12th with a game in hand, a loss vs Leeds tomorrow obviously keeps us in 12th (5 points off playoffs), a draw would take us up to 9th (4 points off playoffs), and a win would take us up to 7th (2 points off playoffs).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would suggest that if we don't win tomorrow our chance of automatic promotion is all but gone. 

Automatics are a pipe dream in reality, wholly unrealistic.

Playoffs are our realistic target really.

Personally I think any talk of auto promotion is a tad optimistic- Villa would have to go on a ridiculous run til May to achieve that. Once again a slow start has killed us. I think a lot of fans are still in the new manager feel good   stage. Yes we have improved and yes we are playing well in spells, but the fact is we are 11th 1 game before Christmas, 12 points from 2nd. If Bruce was still here  in the same position the placards would be out. Even if we win tomorrow we would be 2 points down from this stage last year.

• Like 1