What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I shall be sinking a few rum and cokes tonight, opening a new bottle of Mount Gay Eclipse. 

Maybe a couple of cheeky glasses of Baileys, too. 

I also came across someone on the Internet saying that adding Amaretto to Corona beer makes it taste like hard Dr Pepper. I may have to try it. 

• Like 1

Had 3 pints of this yesterday afternoon at a local craft brewery.

Lovely! 

Stone Cold Crazy Pale Ale - New England

4% ABV Leviathan Brewing Birmingham - All Citra super smashable light and crispy Pale Ale

Beer-5060744-5fbb0-hd.jpg

• Like 1

Having a night off the juice tonight. Got to be up early in the morning. 

Last NYE I smashed most of a bottle of rum and NYD was a write off. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sampling some of Wireworks 06/22 small batch whiskey tonight, from the White Peak distillery. It's a relatively new distillery in Derbyshire, so I'd imagine the whiskey that's distilled most closely to my house.

Very STR forward but still plenty of their usual fruity notes, and a nice hint of peat that's there, but doesn't dominate the profile. No age statement, it's clearly a very young spirit still, but I've tasted a few of the releases and it's definitely developing nicely and is very drinkable

Pleasantly surprised by how good English whiskey is getting. This is a solid effort, and at the £50 mark it's a very good drink for the money. There's some brilliant stuff coming out of the Cotswolds and Filey Bay distilleries too

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

I'm ebjoying this chocolate stout from Richkat in Shenzen. However, 8.2% abv before dinner may be a mistake. 

tmp-cam-4125756863107656953.jpg.7585ea89d29b090905ddc929237d4271.jpg

Edit: I've moved on. This is 10 times better. A hint of sweetness but so smooth. 

Another edit as I gradually sink into a happy, relaxed drunk stage. This is Ye Brewing Nightingale Lava Cake Imperial Stout. 8.5% again and I'm definitely starting to feel it. 

tmp-cam-2188257593028150662.jpg

Edited by Danwichmann
  • Like 4

Cooking Roast Pork while watching the football.

Had a bottle of Duval and bottle of Lilleys Bee sting perry.

Opened a bottle of red ready for dinner. No idea what it will be like just grabbed it as I walked down the aisle towards the till in Lidl. Portuguese Monseraz Reserva. Just noticed its 15% which I think is the most I've seen for wine, plenty of 14.5% but not seen 15 before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Cooking Roast Pork while watching the football.

Had a bottle of Duval and bottle of Lilleys Bee sting perry.

Opened a bottle of red ready for dinner. No idea what it will be like just grabbed it as I walked down the aisle towards the till in Lidl. Portuguese Monseraz Reserva. Just noticed its 15% which I think is the most I've seen for wine, plenty of 14.5% but not seen 15 before.

Thunderbird?

37 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Thunderbird?

I'm not sure I would have known that was a wine. I was aware of the name so knew it was an alcoholic drink but a bit before my time. Have checked and seems it's still available (out of stock where i saw it)  I've seen it at both 13 &13.5. Whether that's the same as the original? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I keep buying the father in law different beers, got a load from England (Camden pale ale is a new favourite) he loves spitfire but then I've picked up cans of sol and peroni and moretti

So he's come back from the shop today with a pack of fancy foreign beers... Carlsberg... Didn't want to say nothing but then he took a sip and said "tastes like dirty water" 😂

6 bottles for £3 so not all bad

I hope fosters never makes its way to aldi

23 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Went food shopping in Ludlow this afternoon, with a cheeky stop off at the Ludluw Brewery taproom/bar. Pint of Staircase IPA. Nice drop.

I took the Mrs to Ludlow for our anniversary. I did drag her there for a couple. Think I had a Staircase and Red Dawn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I took the Mrs to Ludlow for our anniversary. I did drag her there for a couple. Think I had a Staircase and Red Dawn.

I'd never tried them before. Nice drop. I feel like I should have gone for the Gold. The pub is nice there,too. Must say it made the jaunt round Aldi much nicer 😉 

Â