What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't going to let a bit of flag shagging ruin a good beer, so I've been trying out Sainsbury's "Coronation Ale". 7% english  "special" ale. It's alright. Nothing too exciting, I wouldn't go out of your way to hunt it down, just a good, malty bitter with a bi of weight behind it, goes down far more easily than 7% should do.

Not often you can get anything approaching "imperial" from a supermarket that isn't either a horrendously sweet stout or some awful overly-hopped mess of an IPA (looking at you, Brewdog), so it's been a bit of a novelty.

• Like 1

Nothing. (Boo). Wondering if any of you lot miss the good old days when 21 units was officially the weekly limit as declared by the government's medical officers (like till about 10/15 years ago, I think). I find 14 much more difficult to do. It's quite a big difference.

On 10/03/2023 at 00:27, fightoffyour said:

I probably do 14 units in a session DIPA.

I've still ended up doing 14 or 15 units in a single session several times a year but I really shouldn't, because of a health issue and simply because I'm not young anymore. :s Last night on the old vino was 11, doh! 😑 Got carried away. Again. So now starting a mini wagon for two weeks to try and make up for it a bit. 🤨 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, robby b said:

I've still ended up doing 14 or 15 units in a single session several times a year but I really shouldn't, because of a health issue and simply because I'm not young anymore. :s Last night on the old vino was 11, doh! 😑 Got carried away. Again. So now starting a mini wagon for two weeks to try and make up for it a bit. 🤨 

I even meant that some of the DIPAs or TIPAs probably contain 14 units on their own in a can. That was quite a stretch since a bottle of wine is about 10 but anyway.

and ‘session DIPA’ being a lower ABV ‘DIPA’ of around 7% or a standard 8%er that is just incredibly quaffable.

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I even meant that some of the DIPAs or TIPAs probably contain 14 units on their own in a can. That was quite a stretch since a bottle of wine is about 10 but anyway.

and ‘session DIPA’ being a lower ABV ‘DIPA’ of around 7% or a standard 8%er that is just incredibly quaffable.

Hmm, I'm gonna have to try one of those bad boys! 😋 I guess a can of 8% beer is about 4 units, depending on the size of the can of course.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 09:39, Tegis said:

Victory beer

3Nnd2Uj.png

Interesting to see that you get California beers in Sweden!   Lagunitas IPA has been a very popular IPA around these parts for quite a while and I think also has a national reputation now.  Ballast Point beers are also pretty big in California, with Sculpin IPA being the most popular.

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Interesting to see that you get California beers in Sweden!   Lagunitas IPA has been a very popular IPA around these parts for quite a while and I think also has a national reputation now.  Ballast Point beers are also pretty big in California, with Sculpin IPA being the most popular.

Lagunitas, Ballast Point and Sierra Nevada are usually always available. Good stuff

• Like 1

Singani.

😵😮😵

🎶 "It's truly, truly a sin". With ice and fresh lime juice. Salud! 🥂 Singani is the national liquor of Bolivia, made from grapes, distilled ones I think. It might be some kind of brandy, I can't remember. This particular brand's in a bottle that looks like a grenade. Bizarre. (A strange transparent grenade). 

20230317_131002.thumb.jpg.8ed309a1f3647fcbb826d7bd25e20c71.jpg

The thing at the bottom is a grape. Just ate it. Not your average grape! 😋 Better than a worm, like in Mexico?! :s

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, robby b said:

Dzien dobry again fightoffyour in Kraków, your signature quote about McLeish is hilarious, that "The day before a game..." Who said it???

And we all run

can’t remember, I’ll get back to you,

Dobranoc!

Â