What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 18/03/2023 at 01:41, robby b said:

Dzien dobry again fightoffyour in Kraków, your signature quote about McLeish is hilarious, that "The day before a game..." Who said it???

I had a feeling it was Alexander Hleb, which was right, so it was about McLeish's time at Blues, not Villa.

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2023 at 19:43, villa4europe said:

Anyone tried kraken black cherry yet?

Heard its not that easy to get hold of but that'll be my easter drink with a bit of luck 

I say this as a big fan of kraken... Its **** garbage

Kraken is a great rum on the basis that it uses a really strong vanilla flavour while avoiding what the likes of sailor jerry and Oak heart do and use vanilla to mask a bad rum, the only one who does it better is rumbullion

This is the opposite, it's flavouring to hide the rum, it's leaning more towards polish cherry vodka, if I'd blind tasted it I'm not sure is have ever said it was rum, it's worse than SJ it's dead man's fingers stuff

Me and my mom's fella had a glass each then knocked it on the head, normal kraken we'd have done the bottle

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Kraken is a great rum on the basis that it uses a really strong vanilla flavour while avoiding what the likes of sailor jerry and Oak heart do and use vanilla to mask a bad rum, the only one who does it better is rumbullion

This is the opposite, it's flavouring to hide the rum, it's leaning more towards polish cherry vodka, if I'd blind tasted it I'm not sure is have ever said it was rum, it's worse than SJ it's dead man's fingers stuff

Me and my mom's fella had a glass each then knocked it on the head, normal kraken we'd have done the bottle

I've not tried the cherry one, but this sums up my thoughts of the espresso Kraken as well.i ended up using it as a syrup in desserts, it was otherwise unusable.

Their usual spirit is decent (prefer Havana Club personally!), but the flavoured versions seem to just completely overpower it, trashes the drink. Who is the target audience for it, people who just don't like spiced rum? Very odd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Zen said:

Silver Patrón (Tequila.) 

My stepdad’s idea. I don’t really fancy Tequila, but it’s growing on me. 

Good tequila and mezcal is fantastic. Stick with it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Good tequila and mezcal is fantastic. Stick with it. 

Yep. It was pretty good. I’m not much of a hard liquor drinker anyway, but I quite enjoyed a few sips of that. 

Another sip of Patrón tonight, in tandem with a glass of Valpolicella. 

Valpolicellas tend to bore me a little, but it’s inoffensive and nice enough. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Have you tried Wildjac Cherry Oak Rum? Locally produced (Bewdley), and so so good. No need for a mixer, just smooth as. I have a bottle on the go at all times.

Not tried any of their other flavours as yet.

• Like 1

feels like "helles" is on the brink of becoming very big if not already

good reason for it too, its the pick of german beers

and this is still the best one - 

Augustiner Lagerbier Hell 0,5 l Mw

but benediktiner is aslo very good, so is tegernseer, paulaner muncher hell, monchshof is a good cheap one

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Â