What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I've waxed lyrical about this before, but this really is the dogs danglies. Shame I could only have one (as it was lunchtime!)

PaddedImage1140570FFFFFF-red.jpg

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've waxed lyrical about this before, but this really is the dogs danglies. Shame I could only have one (as it was lunchtime!)

PaddedImage1140570FFFFFF-red.jpg

Never seen that before

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

to carry on the whiskey theme

285.jpg

just tried this tonight. Gorgeous stuff. Got that peaty taste to it

All Islay whisky is worth trying.

But the pedant in me insists it is whisky, with no "e".  Whiskey is Irish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peterms said:

All Islay whisky is worth trying.

But the pedant in me insists it is whisky, with no "e".  Whiskey is Irish.

I was told by a teacher many years ago that it was all originally spelled with an "e" but when the Scots  started exporting bottles overseas they couldn't fit the whole word on the labels they were using so they left off the "e".  Probably a load of rubbish, but that's why I always remember that the stuff from Scotland is spelled differently from the Irish, Canadian and US varieties.

Although Glenfiddich is pretty common as it's well known throughout the world, the experience you have when visiting the distillery in Dufftown is nothing short of amazing.  Free to visit, a free guided tour and free drams of not one but three single malts (12 year old, 15 year old, and 18 year old). It's like a lot of distilleries in Scotland (free to visit, free guided tour and a free welcome dram).  I've done a lot of distillery visiting whilst there and I'd really recommend it.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Â