Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

8 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Namor's design looks cool as hell. Hope he's given the right personality that makes him a credible antagonist 

For me it's more how the do the almost inevitable

Spoiler

Switch to protagonist come the end

Was a rumour before

Spoiler

Dr Doom will be involved

I'm feeling more confident beating the She Hulk drum the further it gets through its season.

For the record, I don't know anything about the character in the comics, and I know sometimes this makes a big difference, but it's a high-quality and well made show with an actual heart. It's not cliched at all—it's pretty damn original. There's nothing like it, and nothing like it in the MCU, which is fresh considering there have been however many shows and films. It's light hearted more often than not, but I find it enjoyable and engaging.

I really enjoyed the last episode and the not secret big cameo.

It got plenty of stick for whatever reason, but I don't get that at all. Maybe I'm being naive or something, because even the show often references and predicts the very backlash that surprises me.

I've said it before, but I watch it with my gf—I'm not sure if that's making a difference. I also finish work late on a Thursday and have pretty light Fridays, so its vibe works quite well on a Thursday night at 10pm when I'm knackered and I don't want to watch anything too long.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

I'm feeling more confident beating the She Hulk drum the further it gets through its season.

For the record, I don't know anything about the character in the comics, and I know sometimes this makes a big difference, but it's a high-quality and well made show with an actual heart. It's not cliched at all—it's pretty damn original. There's nothing like it, and nothing like it in the MCU, which is fresh considering there have been however many shows and films. It's light hearted more often than not, but I find it enjoyable and engaging.

It got plenty of stick for whatever reason, but I don't get that at all. Maybe I'm being naive or something, because even the show often references and predicts the very backlash that surprises me.

I've said it before, but I watch it with my gf—I'm not sure if that's making a difference. I also finish work late on a Thursday and have pretty light Fridays, so its vibe works quite well on a Thursday night at 10pm when I'm knackered and I don't want to watch anything too long.

I'm watching it with my wife and I'm enjoying it but she's loving it (apart from some of the ropey cgi). 

Id agree about it not deserving the hate. I'd actually go so far as to say it's better than most of the absolute dross that's come out of the MCU recently. 

It's definitely better than Love and Thunder, Multiverse of Madness, Eternals etc. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm watching it with my wife and I'm enjoying it but she's loving it (apart from some of the ropey cgi). 

Id agree about it not deserving the hate. I'd actually go so far as to say it's better than most of the absolute dross that's come out of the MCU recently. 

It's definitely better than Love and Thunder, Multiverse of Madness, Eternals etc. 

It's been awful imo. It's like the writers were told "do a sitcom" but had no previous experience of writing sitcoms and ended up churning out a dreadful 90s American daytime by-the-numbers "comedy" that is completely unfunny and relies on the actors over emphasising everything just to make sure you understand that it was a joke they were doing.

Having said that.... I love Jen/She-Hulk, I think she's great and the actress is brilliant. It's a shame she's given such poor material. One exception was...

Spoiler

... in the otherwise incredibly naff and unoriginal therapy session at the retreat where she described her difficulties with how people perceived her both as Jen and She-Hulk, that was really well done. The rest of that episode though, oh god, it was almost painful to watch.

I'd also say that the latest episode was a marked improvement. The sitcom schtick was kept to a minimum and Jen/She-Hulk could just be herself without having to do stupid over reactions to every line. Nice guest cameo too.

There's a really good show in here somewhere, definitely. I just hope they can find it.

14 hours ago, Rolta said:

Yep.  It's been superb. Proper sitcom with decent storylines done really well.  It is what it is. It's light hearted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Yep.  It's been superb. Proper sitcom with decent storylines done really well.  It is what it is. It's light hearted. 

Nothing wrong with it being a sitcom style and actually makes a refreshing change from the utter dross Marvel have put out recently. 

Having seen the vitriol being put out online about certain scenes, then seeing them in the show I thought people were being ridiculous and just looking for something to attack it with. 

The CGI wasn't great and the 4th wall breaks were out of place, the show could have dropped them but they're at least being true to the comics there. 

I'd be happy to watch season 2 but honestly not sure if I want to watch another Dr Strange, Thor, Eternals, Shang Chi movie. Give me a short clip of two women having fun and dancing over endless screaming goats or a fight scene using musical notes. 

• Like 1

I’ve been enjoying she hulk much more than I expected to. The latest one was very good if only for this weeks cameo

Spoiler

Love Matt Murdoch

I do think the series has a problem with every weeks story line being about Jen/She-Hulks love life. Maybe it’s that way in the comics, I don’t know, but I just think it’s a bit lazy to reduce each episode to “what’s Jens vagina up to this week”. It’s getting a bit repetitive and mildly insulting for me now.

22 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I’ve been enjoying she hulk much more than I expected to. The latest one was very good if only for this weeks cameo

Reveal hidden contents

Love Matt Murdoch

I do think the series has a problem with every weeks story line being about Jen/She-Hulks love life. Maybe it’s that way in the comics, I don’t know, but I just think it’s a bit lazy to reduce each episode to “what’s Jens vagina up to this week”. It’s getting a bit repetitive and mildly insulting for me now.

I mean there are a lot of stories out there that are about people's lives—and I'd say the show is also about her professional life too, and also about her being a Hulk—so her life as a whole. I respect what you're saying, but I'd argue the dating stuff is just one of a number of continuing plots which are being interwoven.

For me it's a nice change and it's a huge part of what makes her relatable. There are a lot of young professional women out there like She Hulk, and dating is a part of that life. They have sex. If there were more Marvel shows that treated relatable interpersonal drama with the same weight as skybeams then the richness of the MCU would come on quite a lot. I think Hawkeye went to similar places in a way, at least in the framing of his relationship with his wife and family, and for me that was also effective—also that one plotline in Thor Love and Thunder.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I mean there are a lot of stories out there that are about people's lives—and I'd say the show is also about her professional life too, and also about her being a Hulk—so her life as a whole. I respect what you're saying, but I'd argue the dating stuff is just one of a number of continuing plots which are being interwoven.

For me it's a nice change and it's a huge part of what makes her relatable. There are a lot of young professional women out there like She Hulk, and dating is a part of that life. They have sex. If there were more Marvel shows that treated relatable interpersonal drama with the same weight as skybeams then the richness of the MCU would come on quite a lot. I think Hawkeye went to similar places in a way, at least in the framing of his relationship with his wife and family, and for me that was also effective—also that one plotline in Thor Love and Thunder.

I know what they’re trying to do but it’s just getting a bit repetitive for me the whole “oh Jens dating again this week”.

It’s not meant as some kind of criticism of young professional women going out, dating and having sex. Only that to me the writers are doing that every week and it’s beginning to bore me…except the week when she’s dating

Spoiler

Daredevil

• Like 1

I don't mind it if they want to make a light hearted sitcom with she hulk and expand the audience and the direction marvel are able to go in

But then wheres my dark and violent daredevil series? Nope, that will be a light hearted comedy tinted thing as well

Iron heart will be the same, so will loki, so will echo, so will Agatha

They need something akin to the Netflix shows, both as a TV series and as a film

• Like 1

Â