Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

10 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Spiderman was incredible. I also seemed to have the loudest/rowdiest cinema I've ever been in.

That's all I'll say on that 🤐

I had the same. It always makes me quite uncomfortable when you get people cheering and clapping in a cinema. Just feels really wrong to me.

13 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

I had the same. It always makes me quite uncomfortable when you get people cheering and clapping in a cinema. Just feels really wrong to me.

Same, I always think people who clap and cheer in cinemas would be the same type who would freak out with the old train footage coming at the screen back in the early days of film

• Haha 1

I went to see the first Avengers film at the first showing of the first day of release at a quiet cinema - I was actually queuing up outside before the place opened waiting.

I was lucky that it still ended up quiet, but busier than you'd ever expect the first showing off the day at a small cinema to be. But the audience reaction to that film will always stick in my mind. Well, one part anyway. I was sat at the back of the cinema, and during the first scene where Thor and Iron Man fight, I noticed in the front row there was someone flailing their arms around were so excited. I realised after the film that this was a man with his carers.

There's something about that touched me, and even now thinking about it can make me emotional. Which is silly in many ways, but true.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Same, I always think people who clap and cheer in cinemas would be the same type who would freak out with the old train footage coming at the screen back in the early days of film

also applaud the pilot when he lands a plane 

• Like 4

Wow. I went to see NWH last Wednesday as I didn't want to be spoiled and I was excited. Great fun and one of Marvel's best. Cemented my belief that Tom Holland is the one true Spider-Man. Difficult to talk about it without spoilers so if you don't want anything given away do not look at any of my spoiler posts in here. Especially the one below this. You've been warned.

Spoiler

Some proper whoops of delight from my cinema when Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man comes through into the picture. I'd long assumed him and Tobey would be in it but didn't want to set all my stock by it in case they weren't and it was a misdirect.

Seeing the three Peter Parkers work together and swing into the end battle was awesome. Hat tip to the villains too. Jamie Foxx is excellent as Electro and it was awesome seeing Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe back as Doc Ock and Green Goblin. They're both great and Dafoe is a powerhouse. Some really lovely moments especially when Garfield-Peter gets to save MJ and redeem himself for not saving Gwen in TASM2. Some real catharsis in that moment and you feel like Andrew getting one last run (probably) in the suit was justified and a nice capper for a guy who was an excellent Spider-Man in some ropey films. A lot of fan service? Sure. But Spider-Man is arguably Marvel's most popular hero and it feels like they paid proper justice to the character and the respective universes they came from. How often can you watch 3 different iterations of a character over 20 years then get to see them interact and work together? 

• Like 3

Just finished Loki (yep, I'm way behind on the shows). Enjoyed it overall, interesting enough story and Tom Hiddlestone just IS Loki now.

Could have done with trimming some of the two hander dialogue scenes though.

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

my guess would be the Miles Morales storyline. 

That’s the very likely option I think. A part of me is hoping for Spider-Gwen as she is one of my favourite characters and a frequent go to for costume parties but I’d be happy with Miles…especially after they teased it with Donald Golver as his Uncle Aaaron Davis (Prowler) in Homecoming 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Spiderman had the 2nd biggest Friday in American cinema history, only endgame did better

Its made $587m worldwide this weekend, 3rd biggest of all time behind IW and endgame 

Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch and Benedict Wong now have the mantle of starring in the 3 biggest opening films in US history.

Saw Spider-Man No Way Home yesterday at the 10am IMAX showing. The screen was pretty packed and well-behaved.

As for the film, it's amazing. So so so good. And do see it in IMAX if you can, like Infinity War, Endgame, Shang-Chi and Eternals it was filmed using IMAX digital cameras.

Hawkeye was decent enough as an end, if I'm honest 

Spoiler

It just made me want them to bring daredevil back, they'll do a series of maya with Kingpin as the villain but I'm not really in to maya 

That's the shows biggest problem overall, the new characters and what it leads to did nothing for me 

Â