Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

1 minute ago, striker said:

Disagree with that. Onomah so far has had one of his best games for Villa. Looked very tidy in possession.

I'll agree with that bit. He's not actively harming our game, which is an improvement for him.

Considering he's playing in the middle though, he doesn't do enough. There can't be many players out there who have covered so little distance so far tonight.  

Pissing about when we should be putting them to bed. They won't believe their luck, they have gave us the ball dozens of time and are only 1-0 down.

Josh is the most lazy stand in one place wait for the ball word removed I have ever seen. Hasn't got a braincell in his head to read where he should be running off the ball to pick up scraps.

• Like 1

Yeh snoddy has been poor. Making a habit of it recently. Seems to have lost that fire in his belly from a few games ago.

If we played with a bit more urgency and showed a little more composure we could be 3-0 up here. 

Need another or it could get nervy.

Just now, striker said:

Only disappointment in that 1st halve is Villa haven’t got a second. Totally dominated Leeds who have been poor.

They are trying but we are making it difficult. We have completed dominated. But at 1-0 we always run the risk. Just kill these lot off so we can rest some players.

personally I’d take onomah off and play Lansbury as he don’t seem interest3, very lazy. Lansbury had a stormer against Leeds earlier this season

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just watch Onomah's movement. Not trying to find space, just dawdling around the pitch. Absolutely **** useless.

Exactly, just standing around doing jack shit, not back up the attack for drop downs, scraps , not moving when we have the ball, not running out when we break. 

Winning but our passing remains atrocious. So casual. Jack aside, crossing is wasteful as well 

Leeds are not trying at all and keep giving us the ball in the middle, with chance for us to attack with men over. 

However, we keep dawdling and making the wrong decision.

I think Onomah has been just fine. 

As a team though we have this habit of playing these lazy, soft 5 yard passes, which consistently don't reach the intended man.  

Get your body round the ball and pass it properly Villa, because none of you are good enough to play these deft little layoffs.  Snodgrass, despite all his ability is guilty of this time after time!!

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Exactly, just standing around doing jack shit, not back up the attack for drop downs, scraps , not moving when we have the ball, not running out when we break. 

It highlights the work Hourihane puts in.

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No complaints from me. A few mistakes from various players but its been good overall. Glad Bruce rotated the team a bit.

agree with this......we will score again in the 2nd half

• Like 1

I'm in the 'Onomah is really pissing me off' camp.  The lad clearly has ability but half of the time it looks like he's unwilling to actively try getting into a decent position.  Then when he's on the ball he often makes poor choices.  Very, very frustrating at times.

He'll probably score the next goal.