New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You couldn’t make it up. It’s like a kid wanting his favourite player to manage the club he supports and his second favourite player to be his assistant. 

Well if he gets his favourite manager in as DOF as well then I won't complain ?

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was wondering, he seems to have been enjoying himself hugely the last few months. I guess once you are out of it, it's probably hard to think about getting back on it again

So either the whole Henry / Terry double act is just completely fabricated or it's true and he's here in a non playing role. 

I think it's the former because if he was here as assistant manager, with our defensive problems it would be a complete no brainer to be available to play, at least till January. 

Therefore I don't think he's coming here. 

Terry has never had a problem getting up on anything!!

If Terry does come in as assistant manager to Herny i think it will be about  12 mins 32 seconds into the first training session that Henry will be on his knees begging Terry to reconsider his retirement.

Thinking about it, this makes me think he might not be coming. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

"Get the best manager you can ?"   Brendan Rodgers - how is that not constructive.

None of know how good Henry will be - Im just saying (and I don't believe I am alone) that this isn't the right move for us 

Why do you think Henry will be good ? - because he was good player ? - so was Zola, Stamm, Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Merson

But Dalglish started with Liverpool, turned out ok.

Lampard and Gerrard have made decent starts.

They have to start somewhere Thierry is 41......its his time.....we are 15th in the championship, its our turn to change.

We have been engulfed in unconvincing  football for too long......we want confident innovative people to lead us out of the doldrums

I have never been so sure of uncertainty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

If Terry does come in as assistant manager to Herny i think it will be about  12 mins 32 seconds into the first training session that Henry will be on his knees begging Terry to reconsider his retirement.

Thinking about it, this makes me think he might not be coming. 

Ct-P99vWAAEU8uI.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That's confirmed the Henry / Terry thing for me.

So cool! Very excited for this!

Or he’s had any remaining option of playing for us removed ?...and he wasn’t going elsewhere..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was wondering, he seems to have been enjoying himself hugely the last few months. I guess once you are out of it, it's probably hard to think about getting back on it again. 

So either the whole Henry / Terry double act is just completely fabricated or it's true and he's here in a non playing role. 

I think it's the former because if he was here as assistant manager, with our defensive problems it would be a complete no brainer to be available to play, at least till January. 

Therefore I don't think he's coming here. 

I’m not so sure. He has probably kept pretty fit, but at 37 and after a few months off playing it is probably a big ask to get fully match fit. That could take him weeks anyway. He’ll know if he’s gone in that respect, so I’d imagine his playing retirement possibly means he’s he has got something else lined up....

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This time next year we could be the envy of the championship or a team holding their own in the Premier League.

Or we could be a laughing stock. 

Out of all the things that concern me about football, and the Villa, the views of people who are not fans of the Club are so far away down at the bottom they are invisible.