New Manager Speculation

maqroll

38 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Henry taking on this job means that he believes in his ability to be successful here but he would also know about our players.

Normally when a head coach is interviewed for a role, he would have to provide some sort of presentation in addition to a report on individual players at the club and the way forward.

Henry will have enough information on the players , it is really about how well the players can adapt to Henry.

Agree but you would have thought the same about Garde. 

Ultimately it will boil down to the players. I think we are a team that can sneak playoffs. With the addition of a new keeper, centre half and left back we could potentially win playoffs. But unless our business is good n January and new players hit the ground running even making playoffs will be an achievement in my opinion. 

I hope the fans are patient. 

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ?I doubt he will ever manage again 

Well only time will tell - I hope he does as he does bring something to the party.

a cockney wide boy was always a non starter at the villa anyway - I hope Tim learns from his time at villa.

good player  he was too ??

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Lol so Hippo is what grasshopper was too Bruce 

Im not keen on the appointment - But I will judge him on results - what I won't do is be fobbed off by a french shrug and "It is not possible" after we have been soundly beaten at home by QPR for example.

He can shut me up by winning games. But I expect I will be hearing a lot "changing the identity"  , "Installing an ethos" , "root and branch restructure" - which from what I hearing will have a lot on hear jizzin there boxers .....I just want to see us rapidly move up the table...

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

What manager would work for free? 

Peter Withe !

you can't believe half what you read - but £2m for a guy who hasn't managed anywhere ever, seems well over the top to me- ..thats probably including incentives for promotion etc - I don't believe he is on £2m year basic.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was on BT Sport yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised he didn't jump on the media bandwagon saying sacking Bruce was a mistake and having a dig at us.  He said he wanted us go move away from the old school manager and the fans need something to get excited about.  Possibly the most sense I've ever heard come out of his mouth.

I have no problem with Tim Sherwood. Not saying I want him back, I dont. But he gave us a few happy days there  and well, I always got the sense he just liked us, the fans. Shrug. Never met the bloke but thats how he came across to me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

If this is to be Henry get it done asap so we can start to plan!  For the next manager 

Terry coming in as number 2 would be a great bit of business for a number of reasons!

fixed.

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

Im not keen on the appointment - But I will judge him on results - what I won't do is be fobbed off by a french shrug and "It is not possible" after we have been soundly beaten at home by QPR for example.

He can shut me up by winning games. But I expect I will be hearing a lot "changing the identity"  , "Installing an ethos" , "root and branch restructure" - which from what I hearing will have a lot on hear jizzin there boxers .....I just want to see us rapidly move up the table...

I want the same thing.  I think it will require “changing the identity"  , "Installing an ethos" , "root and branch restructure"

and I think that will not happen overnight. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

If you think all our problems were down to Bruce’s management of the players then you will be disappointed.  He is left the squad with one of the worst keepers and defences in the league. 

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I want the same thing.  I think it will require “changing the identity"  , "Installing an ethos" , "root and branch restructure"

and I think that will not happen overnight. 

Well let’s hope his first game isn’t a 12 O’clock kick off then so he’s got a few more hour so to get his act together. Otherwise Hippo will be busy with his bedsheet and his French phrase book. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have no problem with Tim Sherwood. Not saying I want him back, I dont. But he gave us a few happy days there  and well, I always got the sense he just liked us, the fans. Shrug. Never met the bloke but thats how he came across to me.

I still think he's a bell end though

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was on BT Sport yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised he didn't jump on the media bandwagon saying sacking Bruce was a mistake and having a dig at us.  He said he wanted us go move away from the old school manager and the fans need something to get excited about.  Possibly the most sense I've ever heard come out of his mouth.

That's only because it was what his spirit guide in this world told him to say.