New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I cannot call it it could be anyone..

These are the high profile unemployed managers at the moment.

Laurent Blanc, Henry, Hassenhutti, Montella, Conte , Wenger, De Boer, Carvalhal, Bosz.

I don't think it will be Moyes

Yep so many unknowns - lots of availability, yet no standout candidate, We know little about the owners intentions - the only snippet is that Pursilow appointed Hodgson.

It could be anyone 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Rui Faria in talks to be manager according to Dave Jenkins on Twitter...isn't he normally reliable?

I call shenanigans.

Faria only left United because he was spending too much time away from his family, and that they come first.

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

So you believe things because you want to?

I believe things based on reality.

I want the best for my club too. Does that mean I should believe we are going to sign Messi?

There is no point getting sanctimonious on it, however, some of us (myself included) are going along with the 'Statement of intent' and thinking there is a chance for the first time in 10+ years we might actually get it right.

Okay so what if Wenger doesn't come here in any capacity or we get turned down by Fonseca - atleast we are trying and showing ambition & intent.

It may come as a shock to many that we have owners now who are not here to f*ck about and I doubt they will make their first appointment with an Iain Dowie type character. (Sorry to cause dissapointment).

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Coached at some top clubs but never managed. I wonder if his departure from Man U in the summer has affected them.

But we are also appointing a DoF, so a coach would make sense. 

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We have signed McCleish, Garde, Sherwood and Bruce as managers in recent years. Whhat exactly should our expectations be this time?

Anyway I'm done with this. Let's see what happens.

So you mean to tell me you don't see or know of at least one HUGE difference between when we signed said managers and now???

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There is no point getting sanctimonious on it, however, some of us (myself included) are going along with the 'Statement of intent' and thinking there is a chance for the first time in 10+ years we might actually get it right.

Okay so what if Wenger doesn't come here in any capacity or we get turned down by Fonseca - atleast we are trying and showing ambition & intent.

It may come as a shock to many that we have owners now who are not here to f*ck about and I doubt they will make their first appointment with an Iain Dowie type character. (Sorry to dissapointment)

What on earth is the sorry to disappoint comment meant to mean?

I am not questioning the boards intent. When have I done that?? Show me where I did that?

I am doubting that the names banded about would come here in our current state. 

That is a HUGELY different thing 

How you know we are even after Wenger and Fonseca have no idea. But since you said we are trying to I'd love to know how you know.

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you mean to tell me you don't see or know of at least one HUGE difference between when we signed said managers and now???

We're now a significantly less attractive proposition as an established 2nd division club?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

I call shenanigans.

Faria only left United because he was spending too much time away from his family, and that they come first.

Just read an article...that's why he says he left. Then he spent some time with his kids and by the end of the article he says he's happy he made that decision and now he's ready to return...as a manager and that he has no interest in being an assistant for anyone but Mourinho.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

What on earth is the sorry to disappoint comment meant to mean?

I am not questioning the boards intent. When have I done that?? Show me where I did that?

I am doubting that the names banded about would come here in our current state. 

That is a HUGELY different thing 

The comment is meant to mean that some fans who have low expectation levels at this time will be sad to learn that we won't be getting any Holloway's, McClaren's, McCarthey's, Dowie's of this world with our new owners.

I know you're not probably questioning the boards statement of intent - I was explaining that part to you from your last posts.

I am doubting Steve Bruce will win the cabbage of the month award but I could be wrong.

Enjoy your evening.  ;)

7 minutes ago, jim said:

I call shenanigans.

I just read an article, where he said exactly that Jim. However he also said that he wanted his next job to be as a manager in his own right and to have a project of his own. Could be an interesting one, especially as other have said we are appointing a DOF. Portuguese too just to keep the Mendes theme alive. 

• Like 1