• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Bjarnason (Adomah 74)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 80)
    • Hogan (Grab an 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/18 at 19:45

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

At half time I had Grabban to score next at 8/1 and the bugger got the 3rd but I don't give a stuff! :D

That’s alright, I’ve had £2 on Chester to score first last 2 weeks with £80 returns and he’s scored 2nd both matches. Also had £2 on Villa to win 5-1 today which would have returned £1002. 

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

Well that was the most fun I've had in the Holte in a long time.

Special shout for Chester's. " yay, look at me, I've scored a goal!", stand-still celebration :D

Haha yeah was waiting for someone to mention that celebration. Very thespian-like. Showed it to my wife and she just said "how cute" :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dnmacf said:

Don’t think anyone has mentioned as it thankfully didn’t define the game but in my view Jota should have been sent off for that challenge on Taylor. Completely unnecessary, he knew was never going to win the ball and it was dangerous.

N'Diaye was also lucky he wasn't already on a yellow when he tried to remove jack's head. Both of these incidents more than cancelled out the missed penalty. 

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

Well that was the most fun I've had in the Holte in a long time.

Special shout for Chester's. " yay, look at me, I've scored a goal!", stand-still celebration :D

And Albert's Wakanda Forever celebration! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Snodgrass was immense this evening, his work off the ball is so underrated. If we don't go up this season I hope he is signed anyway because at this level, as a Villa fan, he is a joy to watch. If this just shuts up the mind the gap bollocks the dogheads spout when you enter a forum involving them then our work is done. Season defining game maybe? 

His crosses and dead ball kicks are Stupendous......but his defensive work and workrate is amazing.....crikey, he takes some stick.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Think it's the first time this season that Wolves have conceded four goals in a game.  Magnificent performance from the lads.  

I don't think they have conceded 3.

The game was due to start here at 3 in the morning here, but with less than an hour to kick off, I dozed off and woke up at 6.

I frantically checked the program, and was relieved to see it was being repeated at 1240. The next step was to shut down every source that could give away the result. As I was closing down Villatalk, I noticed that people were talking about Grabban, Grealish and Snoddy as opposed to Johnstone, Taylor or Jedi. This gave me a bit of confidence that maybe things went very well.

I just watched the game, and it was brilliant across the park. Very proud of Steve and the lads.

On another note, I found it interesting that the officials' sleeve sponsor was EA sports. It is just such a coincidence, as both have been sucking the fun out of football for many years now.

• Like 4

That was as good a performance I’ve seen from a Villa team for a long time

With Jack back in the side we look a very good balanced team

All the players know their roles and work their socks off for the team

They must of taken a lot of belief from that game as they stood toe to toe with arguably the best footballing side in the championship and outplayed them.

UTV!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The ability of some posters to remove credit from the manager continues to amaze me.

"nowt to do with Bruce"

Well we may as well sack him and put a pot plant in charge for the rest of the season then.

The frustrating bit for me is that it’s “nowt to do with” him when we win, but when we lose it’s all on him. Thankfully, this excellent period of us winning and vying for automatic promotion has changed a lot of people’s minds. Not everyone though.

• Like 3

Â