• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Bjarnason (Adomah 74)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 80)
    • Hogan (Grab an 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/18 at 19:45

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I love Snoddy! 100% every game and he leaves everything on the pitch. He may not be the most athletically gifted but he makes up for it with heart and desire. Brilliant!

He also winds up the opposition and the oppositions fans. Been so long since we have had a player like that! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I. Love. Football.

Tonight's atmosphere was amazing, the noise, the desire, the energy - and it went both ways too, we've got a group of players that look like they love playing for this team.

Fair play to the manager, what we've got is a group full of determination, experience, character and hard work - and then in the middle of that, we've got a diamond of a footballer. Ruben Neves is the best player in the championship apparently....I've let a little space so that you can laugh....Jack Grealish was the best player on the park tonight by a country mile. He's extraordinary; ridiculously talented, strong, athletic and always seems to make the right decision, he ran rings around the Wolves midfield.

Which isn't to say that the team weren't excellent - Terry and Chester were rocks at the back; good old fashioned organisation and sense beat quick feet and pace; they're the best minds in the league. The oft maligned Jedinak (by me mostly) was excellent in front of them, sniffing then snuffing out danger. Hourihane does a quiet job very, very well and Elmohamady showed a courage I didn't think he had - the defensive header in the first half from a free kick needed balls like oranges. On the other side Taylor never gave up on tracking some of the league's best wide men and won out as often as not.

Adomah just can't help but get the final touch on something in every big game. It's a hell of a talent that, and when he and Grealish were linking up down the left we looked every bit the footballing side of the two. Snodgrass runs through walls for this team; and looks like he loves it and Grabban is a livewire forward with an eye for goal who looks a real threat.

The subs too, Lansbury looked willing to fight for everything, he's had a reputation as a bit of a billy-big-boots at clubs, but despite spending a lot of time on the bench his attitude has been excellent - and as for Mr Bjarnason, well, he can certainly ice a cake. Great goal.

What we have at the moment is players with some talent, but more than that, we've a group that seem to love playing together, that seem to enjoy helping each other find the limelight, that seem to want to highlight each others abilities - there's a real togetherness there.

What we also have is purpose. Cardiff won, Fulham won in the last minute and then the best team in the league come to play you in front of 38,000 people - that's pressure - we dealt with it brilliantly. If you stayed for a bit of Oasis at the end, you'll have seen John Terry celebrate like a player who's never won anything, he looks like he's loving this chase, the whole team do, the hugs and smiles at the end were testament to that - the chasing pack is fierce, it's a dizzying pace, a helluva challenge, but mentally we're right up for it.

Wolves are a good side, they have good players, they played well - but we have a collective will, both on and off the pitch that will makes us a daunting prospect for anyone coming to Villa Park between now and the end of the season. The players connect with each other, and they connect with us in the stands - there's something magical about Villa right now and maybe, who knows, a touch of fate.

I love football. I can't wait for Tuesday.

Missed these mate. Great write up

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

His crosses and dead ball kicks are Stupendous......but his defensive work and workrate is amazing.....crikey, he takes some stick.

I've lways thought this about him since he's  been here. Kind of weird then that the West ham fans have this opinion about him that he doesn' track back at all.

You keep that in mind when our bid comes in you cackney fools!

Best team performance I've seen in years. Great team spirit. Totally committed players. Good, bright football. I really love the direction of the club ATM. Dropping down a division might just prove to have been the best possible thing for us.

• Like 2

Great win!

The 4-1 scoreline is a bit flattering but who cares.

Could have been a nervy finish if Wolves had gotten a pen when Snodgrass blocked that free kick with his arm at 3-1 but they didn't and Thor closed the game with his Maradona goal :D

Very impressive team effort.

Not really sure who my MOTM was...

What a brilliant performance. Just after we scored we seemed to sit back a little, but then regained control just before half time. We never looked back after that.

Bruce gets a `very good' from me for that performance. He has welded together a team that can beat any team in the Championship.

Every player played so well, this was the most difficult match so far to cast an MOM vote, but in the end I went for Adomah.

Grealish begins to look imperious; Snodgrass so committed, amusingly, he looks like an angry old man driving them on; Grabben is very impressive and has settled in remarkably quickly.

The Snodgrass hand ball - meh - some you get, some you don't. Swings and roundabouts. We would still have won. Wolves were comprehensively taken apart, and it was a pleasure to watch.

• Like 2

Bit like the old boxing adage of matches being won on heart and the good chin. We beat Wolves yesterday in every way: better work rate, better tactics, better courage, better heart, better fans, better ball in the net frequency!

Think I’ll watch the highlights again. 

Adomah got the ball so no way was that incident a penalty and would you want to face a angry Shoddy after giving a penalty against him?...............................................neither would I !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

The frustrating bit for me is that it’s “nowt to do with” him when we win, but when we lose it’s all on him. Thankfully, this excellent period of us winning and vying for automatic promotion has changed a lot of people’s minds. Not everyone though.

The thing that always got me, was when folk said its not personal, its the football.

well that maybe be so,with some, as their current posts are testimony.

but others who tried to play that card are not so convincing......but hey ho, lets just enjoy the football and bin recriminations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

I've lways thought this about him since he's  been here. Kind of weird then that the West ham fans have this opinion about him that he doesn' track back at all.

You keep that in mind when our bid comes in you cackney fools!

Always rated Snoddy.....was disappointed when he went to west ham.

but it always comes to those that wait.

Wow what a game. The best since we have been down here.  We have gone toe to toe with the best team in the league and took them apart in the second half.  If I was a wolves fan I would be a mite concerned after conceding  6 goals versus Fulham and Villa. It was hard to give a MOTM as there was several outstanding performances- Terry, Albert, Grabban (what a loan buy), but Grealish was the superb again. Just don't get injured again Jack! Need to keep going on Tuesday but we have the momentum and the belief now. Peaking at the right time, it is hopefully looking good. UTV.

Edited by The Fun Factory

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I. Love. Football.

Tonight's atmosphere was amazing, the noise, the desire, the energy - and it went both ways too, we've got a group of players that look like they love playing for this team.

Fair play to the manager, what we've got is a group full of determination, experience, character and hard work - and then in the middle of that, we've got a diamond of a footballer. Ruben Neves is the best player in the championship apparently....I've let a little space so that you can laugh....Jack Grealish was the best player on the park tonight by a country mile. He's extraordinary; ridiculously talented, strong, athletic and always seems to make the right decision, he ran rings around the Wolves midfield.

Which isn't to say that the team weren't excellent - Terry and Chester were rocks at the back; good old fashioned organisation and sense beat quick feet and pace; they're the best minds in the league. The oft maligned Jedinak (by me mostly) was excellent in front of them, sniffing then snuffing out danger. Hourihane does a quiet job very, very well and Elmohamady showed a courage I didn't think he had - the defensive header in the first half from a free kick needed balls like oranges. On the other side Taylor never gave up on tracking some of the league's best wide men and won out as often as not.

Adomah just can't help but get the final touch on something in every big game. It's a hell of a talent that, and when he and Grealish were linking up down the left we looked every bit the footballing side of the two. Snodgrass runs through walls for this team; and looks like he loves it and Grabban is a livewire forward with an eye for goal who looks a real threat.

The subs too, Lansbury looked willing to fight for everything, he's had a reputation as a bit of a billy-big-boots at clubs, but despite spending a lot of time on the bench his attitude has been excellent - and as for Mr Bjarnason, well, he can certainly ice a cake. Great goal.

What we have at the moment is players with some talent, but more than that, we've a group that seem to love playing together, that seem to enjoy helping each other find the limelight, that seem to want to highlight each others abilities - there's a real togetherness there.

What we also have is purpose. Cardiff won, Fulham won in the last minute and then the best team in the league come to play you in front of 38,000 people - that's pressure - we dealt with it brilliantly. If you stayed for a bit of Oasis at the end, you'll have seen John Terry celebrate like a player who's never won anything, he looks like he's loving this chase, the whole team do, the hugs and smiles at the end were testament to that - the chasing pack is fierce, it's a dizzying pace, a helluva challenge, but mentally we're right up for it.

Wolves are a good side, they have good players, they played well - but we have a collective will, both on and off the pitch that will makes us a daunting prospect for anyone coming to Villa Park between now and the end of the season. The players connect with each other, and they connect with us in the stands - there's something magical about Villa right now and maybe, who knows, a touch of fate.

I love football. I can't wait for Tuesday.

what a post!!!!......up there with the performance and result

Â