• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Hourihane 76)
    • Davis (Hogan 82)
    • Jedinak (Adomah 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/18 at 15:00

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I love that clip and watched it over and over again. Then I noticed the 2 Villa fans who made it onto the pitch.

The 1st bloke makes it on at about 8 seconds and immediately falls on his arse. The 2nd chap runs in about 13 seconds, tries to hurdle the advertising hoardings and completely wipes out :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Fair play they both get up and keep celebrating :D

yep guy at 14 seconds steals the show :crylaugh:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

One of my favs. Try to make someone else out to be stupid and spell your wrong. You're for future reference.

Like..you're being miserable after we've won 5 in a row kind of thing.

Also it's "could have", not "could of" B)

6 hours ago, TRO said:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be entertained, but we have to remember there is a team on the otherside, not letting us have our own way....we might do well to respect that.

some fans get entertained by the physical encounter and the defensive prowess....its difficult at this level to blow teams away every week.....they tell me even Wolves don't do that and in fact win games off the odd bit of brilliance like we did tonight.

personally, i thought one or two players were way off the pace tonight and others worked hard covering them....however, they both came off.

as for being a force in the upper league.....we have a long way to go, before we can even consider that.....lets just het there first.

I'm pretty sure @TRO, that you'll have enjoyed aspects of that performance like me. Sheff Utd were a credit to their manager and on the balance of play probably dominated. They closed us down everywhere. Doubled up (sometimes 3 on him) on Grealish, Last year we lose that game. No doubt in my mind about that. Organised units kept showing us up with their workrate. Last night we managed to keep pace with that and I'm happy we seem to have a solid base to build on.

To me that is what managers like Bruce, Pulis, Warnock etc bring to the table above all else and no matter where their individual 'ceilings' are - no successful team has ever won a thing without it.

As others have said we're winning games in different ways and that's a promising sign.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So what's stopping us from having an entertaining team again ? And what's wrong in desiring your team to play good football? And by the way ,I've been supporting  us a lot longer than you. So stay in rank .

And don't bore me with cliches , such as it's all about avoiding relegation , because if you think that's the limit of Villa's ambition, then, hey, maybe you need to find another team .

Well there's lovely. Bit cliched but hey ho. What ever floats your boat I suppose.

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

That so called right, could come back to haunt us ,if we get promoted that is, which, I hope we do As for winning the way we did tonight, I guarantee you if we play like that tll the end of the season, we'll be lucky to make the play - offs . That winning when your playing bad, is some sort of a good sign, is, for me, nothing but a cliche.

for me, this is the cliche, I've been reading statements like that 'guaranteeing' all sorts of things in the Bruce thread for months yet here we sit, 1 point off 2nd with 17 games to go having played the way we have. With the players we have, with the manager we have. Go figure.

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

One of my favs. Try to make someone else out to be stupid and spell your wrong. You're for future reference.

Like..you're being miserable after we've won 5 in a row kind of thing.

I like how you managed to get it in the post ,twice too. Now that is clever, I'll keep if for "future reference".;)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dick said:

I loved that because the match was so stressful, then we scored and I just lept up off my seat, moments like that!!!

Yeah exactly, it was so stressful! :s For me that felt like the most stressful match of the season so far. What a way to win it, in the last minute! Like a beautiful dream. Yeeaaahhhh! 

And to finally win five league games in a row, for the first time since 1998, feels good ! 

Edited by robby b

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Well there's lovely. Bit cliched but hey ho. What ever floats your boat I suppose.

for me, this is the cliche, I've been reading statements like that 'guaranteeing' all sorts of things in the Bruce thread for months yet here we sit, 1 point off 2nd with 17 games to go having played the way we have. With the players we have, with the manager we have. Go figure.

I wouldn't get involved mate, you'll never win this argument. I gave up a long time ago. 

• Like 1

That game reminded me of the one at VP we had vs Liverpool about 10 years ago.  It was scrappy, only one or two decent chances all game, then in the 90th minute Torres scored with a shot that clipped off the post. 

We were in a similar position too, we were chasing 4th and they weren't far ahead.  It snowed.  

These kinds of wins give the team an air of invincibility.  The defence know if they do their job, we have the forwards who don't need many chances to do theirs.  

I mean, come on - who ISN'T really looking forward to Burton now? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'm pretty sure @TRO, that you'll have enjoyed aspects of that performance like me. Sheff Utd were a credit to their manager and on the balance of play probably dominated. They closed us down everywhere. Doubled up (sometimes 3 on him) on Grealish, Last year we lose that game. No doubt in my mind about that. Organised units kept showing us up with their workrate. Last night we managed to keep pace with that and I'm happy we seem to have a solid base to build on.

To me that is what managers like Bruce, Pulis, Warnock etc bring to the table above all else and no matter where their individual 'ceilings' are - no successful team has ever won a thing without it.

As others have said we're winning games in different ways and that's a promising sign.

Very, very well put....I totally agree.

Â