• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Hourihane 76)
    • Davis (Hogan 82)
    • Jedinak (Adomah 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/18 at 15:00

The game played out like I expected, ok I didn't predict a brilliant last minute winner, but we drew their sting in the first half and were much more comfortable in the second.

Thought Terry was superb, the full backs not so much. We were poor with the ball but had the individual flair to win it.

I would even go so far as to say that Bruce managed it well tonight.

• Haha 1

What a win!

We weren't great tonight, but we also didn't play poorly. The difference with our side now is that we can defend solidly for 90 minutes and create moments of magic at the other end of the pitch.

Johnstone was immense tonight, he's the complete opposite of the keeper we brought in last season. Confident and commanding in the area, and a fantastic shot stopper. Without him tonight we would have conceded.

Bjarnason was again fantastic, the energy he brings to the defensive midfield role is something we have missed, he breaks the play up and gets us moving forward quickly. A much better range of passing than Whelan or Jedinak can offer in that position.

Grealish didn't get as much of the ball as he has in previous games but when he does have it teams are frightened to death of him. He seems to create space whilst he has the ball at his feet, and his killer balls will create a lot of goals in the run in.

And Snodgrass came up with the type of performance we have now come to expect. Offers so much energy down the right flank and doesn't give up on anything. He's an absolute menace to the full backs and can back his performances with moments of magic like that.

It's a good time to be a Villa fan, a decent run in coming up whilst our promotion rivals battle it out with each other.

Up the Villa! Bring on Saturday!

• Like 3

Extra special thank you to the bloke sitting next to me at work

'Huh...this must be behind...i wont ruin it though....shit think i just have!'... just as Snodgrass pulled back his boot!

Â