• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Hourihane 76)
    • Davis (Hogan 82)
    • Jedinak (Adomah 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/18 at 15:00

I voted Very Good for Brucey. Apparantly there is some illness in the family that has affected him badly but he still pulled it out of the bag, credit where its due.

Oh and as much as I enjoyed our last minute winner I think I would prefer a nice boring 2-0 win agianst Burton with an early goal in each half to settle the nerves

• Like 1

Going down can work out 2 different ways.

Sometimes you end up shedding the dead wood, learn how to win again, develop a good team spirit and go back up stronger. That's the route we are currently on and it feels good. 

Sometimes you do a Sunderland, thank god that's not us.

1st half I felt ShefU were the better team, we weren't bad but they were better. A mixture of high pressure from them and some sloppyness in midfield from us we were lucky to go in at half time at 0-0 and that was mainly down to johnstone being MOTM. Second half both teams were as good each other and at the end of it a draw would probably have been deserved, but for a some slight magic from snoddy we get the win and thats what's going to get us promoted, players pulling it out the bag for games that should end in draws.

I'm not sure why people say it's not entertaining, it was a great scrappy game with players from both teams jumping into challenges, looking for the win and being very commited to their team, when I think back 2 seasons ago no onewanted to turn up for the match let alone put effort into playing.

• Like 1

great result and keeps the momentum going, cant remember the last time we scored a 90th minute winner!

Voted Bruce poor i know its harsh but its purely because I thought it was a very strange bench with 4 of the 6 outfield players being defensive type players in Taylor, Whelan, Jedi and Tuanzebe + a keeper . Add in onomah who doesn't really give us much going forward either, very surprised Green wasn't on bench.   But credit where it is due, we fought hard, defended well and put a shift in and got the 3 points!

I thought Johnstone's pulled off some decent saves, but that's what he's been paid to do. I didn't think any of the saves were top class as others have stated, but still a solid game!   My motm goes to Birkir who continues to impress in the DM position and was glad that Bruce started him with other options now available.

Bring on Saturday!

4 hours ago, Skills said:

I thought Johnstone's pulled off some decent saves, but that's what he's been paid to do. I didn't think any of the saves were top class as others have stated, but still a solid game!   My motm goes to Birkir who continues to impress in the DM position and was glad that Bruce started him with other options now available.

Goal keepers and Referees are quite similar in that if there is nothing to criticise in their 90 minute performance then they have done a good job.

Over the season how many times have we criticised Johnson for a bad game or even picked out a bad error, maybe 2-3 times at most? In that regard he's doing a great job.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Goal keepers and Referees are quite similar in that if there is nothing to criticise in their 90 minute performance then they have done a good job.

Over the season how many times have we criticised Johnson for a bad game or even picked out a bad error, maybe 2-3 times at most? In that regard he's doing a great job.

yep, definitely agree with you, he's been great for us!    I think the point I was trying to make was that I don't agree with what others have been saying that his performance kept us in the game  which alludes to dominance by United which I feel is unfair to the team and their effort

anyways on to Saturday with another clean sheet and 3 points!

On 01/02/2018 at 06:36, Skills said:

great result and keeps the momentum going, cant remember the last time we scored a 90th minute winner!

Voted Bruce poor i know its harsh but its purely because I thought it was a very strange bench with 4 of the 6 outfield players being defensive type players in Taylor, Whelan, Jedi and Tuanzebe + a keeper . Add in onomah who doesn't really give us much going forward either, very surprised Green wasn't on bench.   But credit where it is due, we fought hard, defended well and put a shift in and got the 3 points!

Bring on Saturday!

Personally thought the save where the ball went through several players blocking his vision was a superb save. 

Â