• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Hourihane 76)
    • Davis (Hogan 82)
    • Jedinak (Adomah 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/18 at 15:00

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Johnstone made a couple of outstanding saves so gets my MotM, but I thoight Bjarnasson was excellent today. Many good interceptions. Grealish made their lives miserable and Hutton was Full Alan Hutton today. A moment of genius for the goal masked some more average performances from Hourihane, Adomah and Hogan (who had no service in fairness to him). Smash and grab. Not pretty but it did the job. 

I’d say that’s a fairly solid assessment of things. I couldn’t quite put my finger who wasn’t up to scratch, but put it down to us being sloppy overall, but the under-performers you list seems about right.

Johnstone was the MOTM by a country mile.

A special mention for the baggies fan in the pub, wearing his baggies top, who looked slightly deflated after our goal went in (and Swansea clambered above them in the league by beating Arsenal 3-1 :P That’s karma for being a billy-big-bollocks in your Tesco bag mate!)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was frustrating, because many players were not "at it" tonight, but dug in.... but a great result against a very decent Sheff Utd who worked very hard.

We have conceded 1 goal in 5 games and won them all....so,so primitive.

You cannot blow every team away and yes a containing game like that is frustrating.

We will have better players in the Premier League and possibly a new manager, but not so sure about that, so it is highly likely that the football style will change.

but just remember, Chris wilder plays a more attacking game in general than Steve......but he lost tonight and was disappointed.....so lets just get a bit of perspective.

there may have been many things at large tonight.....but luck wasn't one of them.

Like I said, it's looking likely that we may be promoted, but I really don't see us being a force in that league with our present manager. We need a manager to take us to the next level, and their is no evidence to think that manager could be Bruce. It's fine having better players, but you need a .manager to compliment them, and get them playing in an entertaining manner, nothing wrong in wanting to be entertained.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Jesus. Where's the luck? We didn't play well but Utd are a good team at home. We scored they didn't. We win they don't. 

I think you've already answered that.

Usually when the better team lose, it's the general opinion that they were unlucky, so by that logic, we were lucky.

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like I said, it's looking likely that we may be promoted, but I really don't see us being a force in that league with our present manager. We need a manager to take us to the next level, and their is no evidence to think that manager could be Bruce. It's fine having better players, but you need a .manager to compliment them, and get them playing in an entertaining manner, nothing wrong in wanting to be entertained.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be entertained, but we have to remember there is a team on the otherside, not letting us have our own way....we might do well to respect that.

some fans get entertained by the physical encounter and the defensive prowess....its difficult at this level to blow teams away every week.....they tell me even Wolves don't do that and in fact win games off the odd bit of brilliance like we did tonight.

personally, i thought one or two players were way off the pace tonight and others worked hard covering them....however, they both came off.

as for being a force in the upper league.....we have a long way to go, before we can even consider that.....lets just het there first.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think you've already answered that.

Usually when the better team lose, it's the general opinion that they were unlucky, so by that logic, we were lucky.

Who said they were the better team? I said they were a good team. 

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its winning games like that, that spell promotion.

when you can win, when playing not so well, is actually a telling sign.

Absolutely this! 5 wins on the bounce, let's get behind the boys and destroy Burton so we get the goal difference up

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be entertained, but we have remember there is a team on the otherside, not letting us have our own way....we might do well to respect that.

some fans get entertained by the physical encounter and the defensive prowess....its difficult at this level to blow teams away every week.....they tell me even Wolves don't do that and in fact win games off the odd bit of brilliance like we did tonight.

personally, i thought one or two players were way off the pace tonight and others worked hard covering them....however, they both came off.

as for being a force in the upper league.....we have a long way to go, before we can even consider that.....lets just het there first.

The difference being, that Wolves set out to entertain, hence the points difference. It's no coincidence that the teams at the  top of both the premier and championship, are both teams that like to entertain.

I'm delighted we are in the position we are, but I'm not in any way enamoured by the football we play, if that offends some people, well, tbh, I couldn't give a tom tit.

15 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Who said they were the better team? I said they were a good team. 

Are you having a bubble? You said we we didn't play well . Not that  Sheff utd didn't play well. So tell me, who iyo, were the better team.,without your rose tinted spectacles on.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The difference being, that Wolves set out to entertain, hence the points difference. It's no coincidence that the teams at the  top of both the premier and championship, are both teams that like to entertain.

I'm delighted we are in the position we are, but I'm not in any way enamoured by the football we play, if that offends some people, well, tbh, I couldn't give a tom tit.

It doesn't offend me....equally i couldn't give a shiny shite.....If you think they set out to entertain fine..... i think they set out to win games first, they just choose to do it their way.

I would check with some Wolves fans if i was you....they tell they are not always flambouyant for long periods in a game either......they just know how to win.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

It doesn't offend me....equally i couldn't give a shiny shite.....If you think they set out to entertain fine..... i think they set out to win games first, they just choose to do it their way.

I would check with some Wolves fans if i was you....they tell they are not always flambouyant for long periods in a game either......they just know how to win.

Did I say it offends you ? But hey, if the cap fits. 

What I said was Wolves try to play the game in an entertaining manner, now it might not always come off, but the Intent is there. I don't need to ask Wolves fans to verify that, I've seen them play on numerous occasions ,albeit highlights, and even the pundits to a man have been complimentary regarding their approach to the game.

Edited by sheepyvillian

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Are you having a bubble? You said we we didn't play well . Not that  Sheff utd didn't play well. So tell me, who iyo, were the better team.,without your rose tinted spectacles on.

Not sure what a bubble is but.... Sheffutd were the best team in the first half. They are a good team they've been in the top 6 longer than we have. Thought there wasn't much difference in the second half. Utd had a lot of shots on target, how many were actual threats... not many. Thought their crosses were better but didn't lead to a goal. We showed a moment of quality up front, that doesn't negate the quality we showed at the back to keep a clean sheet. We won. Not rose tinted spectacles just a statement. Therefore we were better despite not playing great, but sometimes you can only be as good as the opposition let you be. 

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Not sure what a bubble is but.... Sheffutd were the best team in the first half. They are a good team they've been in the top 6 longer than we have. Thought there wasn't much difference in the second half. Utd had a lot of shots on target, how many were actual threats... not many. Thought their crosses were better but didn't lead to a goal. We showed a moment of quality up front, that doesn't negate the quality we showed at the back to keep a clean sheet. We won. Not rose tinted spectacles just a statement. Therefore we were better despite not playing great, but sometimes you can only be as good as the opposition let you be. 

Forget I asked , and we'll leave it there,lest we get dizzy .

Â