• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Hourihane 76)
    • Davis (Hogan 82)
    • Jedinak (Adomah 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/18 at 15:00

30 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Awful game, but great goal and grinding out a win is always satisfying, as well as shutting up their gobshite fans.

Indeed, but it has happened to us a lot, we are due something back!

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If we get promoted, then IMO, we must get rid of Bruce. That kind of football won't help us in the premier, it's primitive at best, and we can't rely on luck, it has a tendency to dry up .

It was frustrating, because many players were not "at it" tonight, but dug in.... but a great result against a very decent Sheff Utd who worked very hard.

We have conceded 1 goal in 5 games and won them all....so,so primitive.

You cannot blow every team away and yes a containing game like that is frustrating.

We will have better players in the Premier League and possibly a new manager, but not so sure about that, so it is highly likely that the football style will change.

but just remember, Chris wilder plays a more attacking game in general than Steve......but he lost tonight and was disappointed.....so lets just get a bit of perspective.

there may have been many things at large tonight.....but luck wasn't one of them.

• Like 2

Don’t agree the performance was poor or aimless football.

Weve seen that in the past but this wasn’t at all like that, this was a gritty, dug in effort against a side who knocked it aboutvwell on the night.  Ther3 was quality on our part on occasion going forward but it was our resilience that was properly on show tonight.

• Like 3

Just now, TRO said:

Its winning games like that, that spell promotion.

when you can win, when playing not so well, is actually a telling sign.

I actually think we did play well in aspects all bar the attacking/ fluidity department.

And fully agree performances like that in games like that are genuine reasons to hope for Promotion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was frustrating, because many players were not "at it" tonight, but dug in.... but a great result against a very decent Sheff Utd who worked very hard.

We have conceded 1 goal in 5 games and won them all....so,so primitive.

You cannot blow every team away and yes a containing game like that is frustrating.

We will have better players in the Premier League and possibly a new manager, but not so sure about that, so it is highly likely that the football style will change.

but just remember, Chris wilder plays a more attacking game in general than Steve......but he lost tonight and was disappointed.....so lets just get a bit of perspective.

there may have been many things at large tonight.....but luck wasn't one of them.

We had to dig very deep tonight and we where on the back foot from the word go pretty much most of the game, they where relentless in their attack and their overall play, they seemed first to every ball on most occasions and without our keeper being top class form tonight we could so very easily have came away with nothing.

We held on, dug deep and ugly but a moment of brilliance from Snodgrass turned the game on it's head. 

Sheff Utd will definately be wondering how they have not came aeay from that game with something. A fantastic 3 points for us however obtained.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dick said:

I loved that because the match was so stressful, then we scored and I just lept up off my seat, moments like that!!!

Same here, My cat jumped on top of the wardrobe and only just got down :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Don’t agree the performance was poor or aimless football.

Weve seen that in the past but this wasn’t at all like that, this was a gritty, dug in effort against a side who knocked it aboutvwell on the night.  Ther3 was quality on our part on occasion going forward but it was our resilience that was properly on show tonight.

I thought it was both personally...

very good and organised off the ball, especially at the back, we worked really hard, snodgrass really puts himself about, but then on the ball we were poor, we played horrifically out of the back, Elmo hoofed it constantly, Johnstone kicked it aimlessly, terry and Chester both guilty of long balls for hogan to chase, just about everyone had a sloppy pass in them tonight, we never looked comfortable at any point 

• Like 1

I thought we played well too. Just need to be a bit more calm & focused in our approach play in front of goal and we would be dead good. We have a number of players coming into form including Grealish, Snoddy and Bjarnason - I think he should be getting more praise for how he played tonight. And then there is Terry.

We gave Sheffield as good as we got and scored an inspirational goal.

Din’t see why people are saying we were poor! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I actually think we did play well in aspects all bar the attacking/ fluidity department.

And fully agree performances like that in games like that are genuine reasons to hope for Promotion.

Terry...I think you make a good point.

of course the spectacle is in the eye of the beholder....and there is an argument to support that we did play well....just not freeflowing.

In defensive terms ,we were competent.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Massive win the spirit we showed was immense fought for each other that’s what it’s all about ,that’s what we have been missing for last 5 years lads playing for the badge ,Bruce has turned us around we are starting to look like the villa I fell in love with and started supporting fantastic result .

• Thanks 1

Â