• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Hourihane 76)
    • Davis (Hogan 82)
    • Jedinak (Adomah 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/18 at 15:00

In my opinion, that's a fantastic three points against a very good Sheffield United side.

Football is all about goals, so well done to Snodgrass for scoring a sublime one and congratulations to Johnstone for preventing a fair few.

Two loan players I hope become permanent Villa players.

giphy.webp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If we get promoted, then IMO, we must get rid of Bruce. That kind of football won't help us in the premier, it's primitive at best, and we can't rely on luck, it has a tendency to dry up .

Well yes, but this isn't the thread for that I don't think.

Enjoy us pinching a sneaky win in the last minute in a dry game that was only going to ever see 1 goal max.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well yes, but this isn't the thread for that I don't think.

Enjoy us pinching a sneaky win in the last minute in a dry game that was only going to ever see 1 goal max.

I always enjoy us winning, it's just the football that I find difficult .

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I always enjoy us winning, it's just the football that I find difficult .

It's often horrible. But it hasn't been too bad recently.

Tonight was.

BUT! We won in the last minute, and it was good stuff.

2 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

We've won every league game since I stopped drinking. 

I'm due to start again on Thursday. I'm delaying that decision indefinitely. 

UTV

If you drink, turn in your fan club card.  Also, as a service to the club, send me your alcohol I’ll “dispose” of it properly.  ANYTHING for the Villa.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like I said, it's looking likely that we may be promoted, but I really don't see us being a force in that league with our present manager. We need a manager to take us to the next level, and their is no evidence to think that manager could be Bruce. It's fine having better players, but you need a .manager to compliment them, and get them playing in an entertaining manner, nothing wrong in wanting to be entertained.

Have you considered Villa may not be the right club for you to support? I've been watching Villa since 1980, and can probably count the number of genuinely entertaining top quality teams we've had in that period on one hand.

As for becoming a force in the premier league, it's unlikely that any team will get promoted and break the top 6 in the forseeable future. For most clubs it's now just about avoiding relegation. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Have you thought about supporting Man City?

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Its winning games like that, that spell promotion.

when you can win, when playing not so well, is actually a telling sign.

While I agree, it should be pointed out that, until recently, that was the only kind of win possible. 

Happy with that. It feels so good to have a team that feels .. well.. solid you know? I would love to keep Snodgrass but I defer to Bruce. He has , so far, expertly managed this squad to do one single thing. Get us promoted this season. Even though we were on the backfoot for a while it always felt like we could nick it. We are not pushovers any more who will fold at the last moment. Happy times.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

In truth that’s not the issue for today. We all want to be entertained but the priority is getting promoted and that is all about winning games, ugly or otherwise. In fact winning  the way we did tonight is the hallmark of a side that gets automatic promotion. Let’s not forget games like the one against Bristol City where we were outstanding.

Personally I doubt Bruce is a premiership manager but if he gets us up he has earned the right to manage us in the premiership.

We also have to assume that if Bruce gets us second then it's going to be difficult to sack a manager that has just got you automatically promoted.  I'd be surprised if they let him go after that, they'd at least give him a chance in the PL.  I'd also be hard pressed to push for a change in manager when he has been successful.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

In truth that’s not the issue for today. We all want to be entertained but the priority is getting promoted and that is all about winning games, ugly or otherwise. In fact winning  the way we did tonight is the hallmark of a side that gets automatic promotion. Let’s not forget games like the one against Bristol City where we were outstanding.

Personally I doubt Bruce is a premiership manager but if he gets us up he has earned the right to manage us in the premiership.

That so called right, could come back to haunt us ,if we get promoted that is, which, I hope we do As for winning the way we did tonight, I guarantee you if we play like that tll the end of the season, we'll be lucky to make the play - offs . That winning when your playing bad, is some sort of a good sign, is, for me, nothing but a cliche.

1 hour ago, MrDuck said:

Have you considered Villa may not be the right club for you to support? I've been watching Villa since 1980, and can probably count the number of genuinely entertaining top quality teams we've had in that period on one hand.

As for becoming a force in the premier league, it's unlikely that any team will get promoted and break the top 6 in the forseeable future. For most clubs it's now just about avoiding relegation. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Have you thought about supporting Man City?

So what's stopping us from having an entertaining team again ? And what's wrong in desiring your team to play good football? And by the way ,I've been supporting  us a lot longer than you. So stay in rank .

And don't bore me with cliches , such as it's all about avoiding relegation , because if you think that's the limit of Villa's ambition, then, hey, maybe you need to find another team .

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Your one of them really clever ones, aren't you ? You could of told me beforehand.

One of my favs. Try to make someone else out to be stupid and spell your wrong. You're for future reference.

Like..you're being miserable after we've won 5 in a row kind of thing.

• Like 3

Â