The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

i thought maybe a bit of tokenism but i think the reality is the TV deal is the back bone of the PL (not the actual football malarkey) and she might be really well positioned to help them expand even further, she's gone to war with sky and won, knows more about the online distribution markets too

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably a points deduction?

Judging from the overwhelming public responses, and that it is Chelsea's idea, maybe Chelsea should get the points deduction for putting the game in disrepute? ?

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Under his watch the Premier League has become stinking rich and by far the most popular league in the world, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that he gets a big pay off.  Probably in the minority there though.

He got paid for it, that was his job.
I am not going to leave my job tomorrow and have all my suppliers have a whip round and give me £50k ffs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Imagine if we’d been promoted last season, Tony’s contribution would no doubt have been to sort out the cakes and make sure Scudamore’s desk was decorated accordingly.

Probably paid in travellers cheques

Apologies if this has been mentioned already elswhere, but picking up the story of WSL referee David McNamara who was suspended last week for not using a coin to decide the kick off but instead a game of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' as he left his coin in the dressing room.

He was later reported by one of the female players and is then suspended by the FA.

I mean what the actual ****!?

Original story from last week

However, further to this, this weekend's lower league fixtures across the UK have seen a wave of solidarity for the suspended Referee with other officials opting the 'RPS' method instead of a coin in their games.

The show of solidarity.

• Like 1

Â