January transfer window 2018

Jareth

5 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Our scouts were at the Rosenberg game on Thursday. Lord Bendtner... Worked with Bruce before. Fits the mould he discussed potentially... Hope it was actually for someone else.

They were playing Real Sociedad,.

Adnan Januzaj playes there...

Cheeky loan bid?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Our scouts were at the Rosenberg game on Thursday. Lord Bendtner... Worked with Bruce before. Fits the mould he discussed potentially... Hope it was actually for someone else.

No chance I would have guessed, scoring goals nowadays but couldn't cut it at Forest and Norweigan league can't be all that,

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I reckon we was watching Samuel Adegbenro (Rosenborg) or Mikel Oyarzabal (Sociedad)

If Bruce wanted Bendtner he would go for him already as already  knows his qualities!

On 11/22/2017 at 10:09, VILLAMARV said:

With McCormack having issues getting to work again down under it seems it might be a bit much to hope he's coming back with his head straight. But he will be back in January.

Apparently that's all bulls*** - Joyce (his manager) has no problems with him

On 11/24/2017 at 17:48, HanoiVillan said:

Obviously Glenn Murray isn't going to leave Brighton, for whom he starts every week, to come here. Nor are Brighton going to be keen to sell their top scorer when they need to stay in the PL. 

Acc to transfermarkt, Murray has played only 638 mins this season - but he IS their top scorer. He may start - but perhaps he doesnt last ?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we need to avoid repeating the Hogan mistake but do you think the club should try and sign one of the current top scorers as long as they would fit in to our style? 

No team in the Championship is going to loan one of their top strikers. Villa would have to buy and since there’s very little money to spend well it ain’t going to happen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we need to avoid repeating the Hogan mistake but do you think the club should try and sign one of the current top scorers as long as they would fit in to our style? 

I wouldn't sign anyone now, as I wouldn't want to 'disrupt' the squad. 

We have plenty of strikers/forward-type-players already, and they can't all be injured for the rest of the season. Also I'd still like to see us integrate Hogan somehow.

55 minutes ago, vreitti said:

We have plenty of strikers/forward-type-players already, and they can't all be injured for the rest of the season. Also I'd still like to see us integrate Hogan somehow.

KodIja out for rest of season. Hogan just doesn't work in our style. That leaves Davis.

We need another striker as back up. 

57 minutes ago, striker said:

No team in the Championship is going to loan one of their top strikers. Villa would have to buy and since there’s very little money to spend well it ain’t going to happen.

There might be money. Maybe sell Hogan?

for me, we need find right all-round forward or centre forward as we is spent crazy and wastefully money on McCormack and Hogan, and result of this buy- is "Turds"

original think of them is actually quality player which turn be is flopped buy and shames see this happen might rush to buy without research suit bruce style be fair it is not players (McCormack or Hogan fault) it is who bruce were fault. Bruce is one who mess up last season ie 4-5-1 (4-3-3) was best formation and winning, he bin it and try new that why he got most games lose last season as he try play McCormack and Hogan which is not working.. .

this season, we back to winning formation make sure he buy right players for this formation until summer so can change once again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other priorty buy is LEFT Back as we kept play right foot to play left back, which i didn't like which only one N.taylor has this roles, we should buy one when amavi left for us, this windows is good chance to sign as buy or loan with right to buy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we need sell gabby and hogan, McCormack, thsiobla, bikir too (he is waste money too! he was pointless buy don't get reason he is move there) to generate money to spent due FFP rules.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

It's gonna be a loan or two in/out, and maybe one or two sold - but no major changes due to FFP. Realistically I can't see how we'd generate funds - unless Sunderland come back in for Mcoremack now realising that they will get relegated AGAIN unless they do something. That could free up a few mill....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:
5 hours ago, vreitti said:

KodIja out for rest of season. Hogan just doesn't work in our style. That leaves Davis.

we can integrate hogan but we have to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 which he was brilliant in Brentford which we not play this style which reason.
every time he play on pitch we long ball to over his head he is not target man yet bruce play him as this roles, this reason he is not good player for him yet not his fault, but his job is try adjust to this style and improve, again he is not which prove he is not right player for this system.

seem only option is sell him, sad it is as i dislike see good talent player is play waste or not suit his roles.

yes, we need back up which suit bruce system or replacement kodija as first choice and kodija need fight his place and try stop injury himself as we cant afford lose him regular as we keep setback by kodjia which not fair on team which rely on him ..Davis can't do it him regular as will wear him out and rely him not fair on him because pit on pressure. yet he help us winning.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There might be money. Maybe sell Hogan?

Yeah mate Villa could go down that route though I’m not sure it would be the right thing to do with the amount of games to play after January plus playoffs if that’s the way it turns out?

Id rather get someone in on loan as a back up to Davis with Hogan still available should Bruce want to change it as Grealish is available again.

Could well be that was the reason for the Hogan purchase in the first place with Bruce looking to play Grealish in behind Hogan threading those through balls to him? Not even Bruce would be stupid enough to think that Hogan was a target man.

Edited by striker