January transfer window 2018

Jareth

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Hutton is right footed.

And has also been superb at left  back this month .

Footballers can play with both feet .

why bring in another left back to be 3rd choice ? 

‘I’m delighted with the squad we have now .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Hutton isn't two footed either. 

As good as he has been there are many times when his right sidedness means our attacks break down on that side as he gets into a position a natural left footer could play a cross/pass first time and he has to turn around or take a few touches. We need a left back.

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Snoddy prefers his left foot so does that mean  mean we need a new right winger too ?

I agree with your point that we aren't crying out for a LB at this moment in time mate, but i think wingers are very different when it comes to playing on your stronger foot. 

Generally most fullbacks are better on their stronger side.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Hutton isn't two footed either. 

As good as he has been there are many times when his right sidedness means our attacks break down on that side as he gets into a position a natural left footer could play a cross/pass first time and he has to turn around or take a few touches. We need a left back.

No we do not - we have 2 players capable of going a decent  job there already - we have an excellent squad now .

Just now, av1 said:

I agree with your point that we aren't crying out for a LB at this moment in time mate, but i think wingers are very different when it comes to playing on your stronger foot. 

Generally most fullbacks are better on their stronger side.

Unless they are Alan Hutton :)

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He played lot on his own upfront for Sunderland this season and shown can score goals

the journo hasn’t a clue 

Fair enough. I haven't watched Sunderland at all this season mate (bar our game against them), so i sought google to get a take on the guy. 

Perhaps unwisely. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Unless they are Alan Hutton :)

I agree that he has been on fine form at LB. The one thing i would say, i have mentioned this in the Adomah thread so i don't really want to go off topic, but i think because Hutton regularly wants to cut inside onto his favoured foot, its affected the form of Adomah. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree that he has been on fine form at LB. The one thing i would say, i have mentioned this in the Adomah thread so i don't really want to go off topic, but i think because Hutton regularly wants to cut inside onto his favoured foot, its affected the form of Adomah. 

Fair comment , I’m happy with Hutton or Taylor to be honest but Taylor’s form dropped off a bit and Hutton has deserved to keep his place , I think Albert needs to up his game with green now fit to provide competition .

I agree with Bruce that there are too many in the squad and a bit of pruning was needed .

Edited by Eastie

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Snoddy prefers his left foot so does that mean  mean we need a new right winger too ?

Um, that has absolutely nothing to do with it though does it? An inverted winger is one thing, a full back on the wrong side is another.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yep, quite often you see adomah play through hutton on the overlap and then it breaks down because Adomah goes to where he should be to get a quick return/through ball to attack the box, but Hutton has had to check and come inside and it goes square.

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Fair comment , I’m happy with Hutton or Taylor to be honest but Taylor’s form dropped off a bit and Hutton has deserved to keep his place , I think Albert needs to up his game with green now fit to provide competition .

I agree with Bruce that there are too many in the squad and a bit of pruning was needed .

No-one is saying Hutton does not deserve his place or that he hasn't been good, I think it's about players playing in there natural positions....