January transfer window 2018

Jareth

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

No-one is saying Hutton does not deserve his place or that he hasn't been good, I think it's about players playing in there natural positions....

To be honest I think he looks better at left back than he does at right back which is his natural position so I guess we have to agree to disageee 

Sorry but a wrong footed full back isn't exactly groundbreaking. It's fairly normal.

Hutton is quite possibly in the best form of his career and I doubt Adomah is overthinking what foot Hutton plays with to the point it is affecting his form, he just isn't a 30 goal a season winger. He will never, ever hit form like that again no matter who is playing behind him. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's all fair comment. I think to a small degree, at least though that Hutton's played so well at LB because he's not bombing forward, giving the ball away and getting caught out of position. But what that means is that the left winger has no one to overlap him from Full back - Jack sometimes does, but he's often central, so there's less for the defenders to worry about in handling Albert. There are fewer decoy runs to give help him. But basically I agree with your view.

Hutton not overlapping is definitely affecting Adomahs game. Just look how much space Snod gets to come inside when Elmo bombs forward. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry but a wrong footed full back isn't exactly groundbreaking. It's fairly normal.

Hutton is quite possibly in the best form of his career and I doubt Adomah is overthinking what foot Hutton plays with to the point it is affecting his form, he just isn't a 30 goal a season winger. He will never, ever hit form like that again no matter who is playing behind him. 

How many can you name?  No doubt you will have certain cases but it's far from being 'normal'.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hutton not overlapping is definitely affecting Adomahs game. Just look how much space Snod gets to come inside when Elmo bombs forward. 

Maybe so but we look solid defensively and are winning games and playing very well as a team so I see no need to change something when it’s working well - I like Taylor and he did like to overlap but we look solid defensively with Hutton and adomah is still a threat and played well against Bristol and Barnsley while Hutton was behind him - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Maybe so but we look solid defensively and are winning games and playing very well as a team so I see no need to change something when it’s working well - I like Taylor and he did like to overlap but we look solid defensively with Hutton and adomah is still a threat and played well against Bristol and Barnsley while Hutton was behind him - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it 

Oh I agree. Don't get me wrong. I don't think we should change the back 4 as defensively they look solid. I just think it has affected Adomahs game as he very often gets crowded out and runs in to blind alleys.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh I agree. Don't get me wrong. I don't think we should change the back 4 as defensively they look solid. I just think it has affected Adomahs game as he very often gets crowded out and runs in to blind alleys.

He’s lost possession a few times down to poor control too - wouldn’t be surprised should green come back in on the left side soon  if Albert tails off but generally he’s been pretty decent in home games - last night was a tough game and we didn’t get forward too often , hopefully Saturday we will see much more of him 

49 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Paolo Maldini, Andreas Brehme, Javier Zanetti, Phillip Lahm, Dennis Irwin, Phil Neville, Davide Santon, Paul Breitner, Gianluca Zambrotta, Cesar Azpilicueta, Matteo Darmian, Adam Smith, Fabio - even James Milner last season for Liverpool.

Forgot Aaron Hughes NV......

59 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Paolo Maldini, Andreas Brehme, Javier Zanetti, Phillip Lahm, Dennis Irwin, Phil Neville, Davide Santon, Paul Breitner, Gianluca Zambrotta, Cesar Azpilicueta, Matteo Darmian, Adam Smith, Fabio - even James Milner last season for Liverpool.

I once sat next to Andreas Brehme on the Inter Millan coach on a very famous night at Villa park.

Also Ended up swapping pin badges with one Lothar Herbert Matthäus :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I once sat next to Andreas Brehme on the Inter Millan coach on a very famous night at Villa park.

Also Ended up swapping pin badges with one Lothar Herbert Matthäus :D

Well, I once saw Derek Mountfield buying a plastic garden chair at Gateway (now Asda) in Minworth! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2