Harvey Weinstein

maqroll

• 1 month later...

Anyone stay up and watch the Oscar's ?

Must have been a pretty awkward moment when alleged rapist Kobe Bryant won an award when pretty much everything surrounding the gala and during it had been about the #metoo movement.

7 hours ago, sne said:

Anyone stay up and watch the Oscar's ?

Must have been a pretty awkward moment when alleged rapist Kobe Bryant won an award when pretty much everything surrounding the gala and during it had been about the #metoo movement.

I don't think Casey Affleck would have got such an easy ride!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh Morgan, say it ain’t so....

US film star Morgan Freeman has apologised following allegations of sexual misconduct made by eight women and several other people.

One production assistant accused Freeman of harassing her for months during filming of bank robbery comedy Going in Style, CNN reported.

She said the 80-year-old touched her repeatedly, tried to lift her skirt and asked if she was wearing underwear.

BBC link

20 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Oh Morgan, say it ain’t so....

BBC link

Every male in Hollywood will be accused at some point at this rate. 

• 1 month later...

Allegations against Maynard James Keenan, lead singer of Tool and A Perfect Circle. There's been rumours for years but this is the first time I think they've gained any real oxygen at all. It's been implied for years that he himself was abused as a child (which helped firm a lot of the early Tool lyrics) so I guess it would fit a narrative.

I hope it's not true. He's a weird guy but I'd prefer not to have the lead singer of 2 of my favourite bands be a rapist. Especially when he has seen the damage it does.

On 27/06/2018 at 16:37, Chindie said:

Allegations against Maynard James Keenan, lead singer of Tool and A Perfect Circle. There's been rumours for years but this is the first time I think they've gained any real oxygen at all. It's been implied for years that he himself was abused as a child (which helped firm a lot of the early Tool lyrics) so I guess it would fit a narrative.

I hope it's not true. He's a weird guy but I'd prefer not to have the lead singer of 2 of my favourite bands be a rapist. Especially when he has seen the damage it does.

May not be as it seems...

Allegations Maybe A Hoax

In short suggestions that a lot of fishy information along with it being unsubstantiated. Also linked to an email address for a 23 year old male who would have been 5 years old at the time... It also draws comparisons/coincidences with allegations made against Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.

Details of article are below if you don’t want to click the link:

According to a number of Reddit users, evidence has begun to mount that recent anonymous accusations of rape leveled against ToolA Perfect Circle, etc. frontman Maynard James Keenan and Nine Inch Nailsmastermind Trent Reznor may be hoaxes.

An anonymous accusation against Keenanalleging he had raped a female concertgoer when she was 17 back in 2000 at A Perfect Circle show emerged via this Twitter accountlast weekend. The allegation went on to make international headlines.

That same Twitter account has since shared the below tweet, urging other alleged victims to come forward. While some people have shared their stories, there has been some dispute about the authenticity of their accounts.

However, with the email address in the tweet above being made available, Redditors were allegedly able to tie it to a dating profile of a 23-year-old male, as seen here. With the alleged accuser in the tweets suggesting she was now roughly 35-years-old, it could of course be seen that she was having someone help out.

If the accuser’s claims are indeed genuine, one could certainly see why that would be a valid course of action. It is further alleged however that the email account mentioned above has ties to the Twitter accounts of both Keenanand Reznor‘s accusers, though hard evidence doesn’t appear to have been provided.

Also suspicious is a since-deleted similar allegation made against Trent Reznor about an incident claimed to have taken place back in 1994. That tweet was originally made in reply to the Keenan accuser, with both accounts having been shown to have been created within an hour of each other.

Worrisome about this is that the account that made the allegation against Reznor was created roughly an hour before the account that accused Keenan was created, you can find evidence of that here. Again, there are a number of possibilities that could justifiably explain this, but it certainly stands out as suspicious.

Meanwhile, when news of the allegation against Keenan first broke, one well-documented ToolA Perfect Circle, etc. fan spelled out the band’s practices in this Reddit post, which are somewhat at odds with the original Twitteraccusation. Of course, none of this is entirely clear-cut.

Unfortunately, with the alleged victim who made the accusation against Keenan having refused to discuss the matter further with multiple publications and no one seemingly stepping forward to corroborate the allegation, nor additional evidence being readily available, the situation remains murky.

There are countless understandable reasons why anyone making accusations of this magnitude would want to keep their identity secret, especially when the claims are leveled against public figures. That said, one would hope that anyone courageous enough to come forward in a such a situation would bring it to the attention of the authorities as well. There’s always the distinct chance that these allegations could be true, but for now it seems one may want to exercise caution, barring further developments.

It goes onto to quote Maynard about his previous sexual proclivities and his response tweet in effect denying completely. Not sure this is open and shut, if that reassures you at all @Chindie

• 1 month later...

Emails released today show Weinstein's original accuser sent him loads of emails after the alleged rape where she asked to meet again and confessed her love for him in one (4 years after the alleged incident)

The accuser in question has retained her anonymity.

Mr Weinstein's lawyers say the case should be dismissed in its pre-trial stage.

In their motion, they included "dozens of emails written by the anonymous accuser, who sent extensive warm, complimentary and solicitous messages to Mr Weinstein immediately following the now claimed event and over the next four-year period.

"These communications irrefutably reflect the true nature of this consensual intimate friendship, which never at any time included a forcible rape."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45061114

TMZ have the full trail of emails

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/03/harvey-weinstein-alleged-rape-victim-emails-love-dismiss-case/

Harvey Weinstein got what he wanted in his ongoing sex crime cases -- a judge has allowed him to go public with emails he got from his rape accuser ... emails that he says show the woman was anything but a rape victim -- even professing love for him -- and as a result he wants all criminal charges dismissed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

GJAOXyO.gif

This came up on a news feed on my phone...amazing how many black people in the comments section were saying "its only cuz he black".

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This came up on a news feed on my phone...amazing how many black people in the comments section were saying "its only cuz he black".

:rolleyes:

The coverage of the current Supreme Court pick (white man, Georgetown Prep School, Yale University) who has been accused of sexual assault is in stark contrast to the aging black former star. Of course Cosby is a scumbag but the difference in treatment by the media is very plain. 

People see a black man going to jail for past sexual assaults whereas a white man is President who is accused of similar crimes. You can see why people would think theres one rule for one group of people and a different rule for others.

• Like 4

Sigur Ros drummer Orri Pall Dyrason latest to be accused. Allegedly raped a drunk fan as she slept, during a time where the band was recording in Los Angeles a few years back.

He's resigned from the band.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So Ronaldo then...

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Basically, if you have had any form of contact with a woman in the past 60 years it's possible you can get done for sexual assault or worse.

So, I guess the moral here, is that if you are completely innocent, don't bung the claimant $375,000 to stay quiet.

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Basically, if you have had any form of contact with a woman in the past 60 years it's possible you can get done for sexual assault or worse.

Surprisingly, no accusations have been made against the vast majority of famous wealthy men who aren't rapists. Not raping women seems like a grand way of discouraging them from accusing you of rape.

• Like 2

Â